Does your A. geniculata eat pinkies?

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First off, I don't offers my t's pinkies on a regular basis, it's more of a once in awhile thing. Please, I'm not here to debate whether or not one should feed t's pinkies, and I know that 8 crickets is both equivalent to a pinkie and cheaper in price.

I'm aching to know if your A. geniculata eats pinkies, because mine have refused them everytime! All my geniculatas at some point in time have refused pinkies. Surena told me to offer them prekilled pinkies. What are your thoughts and experiences? Have any of your genics eaten pinkies? Or is it something about this species..?

Thanks!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both my genics will eat pinkies, they are on a steady diet of roaches now that my colony is established though....

Regards, Mike

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I gave my genic a F/T pinkie once, she ate it with no problems.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My genic has eaten a pinkie, it was a small mouse pinkie, and his first after moult meal, and he ate the entire thing with gusto. I'm not sure he would eat that much at one time if he hadn't just moulted though. He does eat quite a bit, but at his own pace. He goes through 4 to 6 crickets but he takes his time hunting them, and usually has them for a couple of days. I wouldn't generally feed him a pinkie just because I'm sure he wouldn't eat the whole thing.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am sure my genic would eat my pinky if I were foolish enough to stick it in the enclosure........{D

Seriously, mine is still a juvie and I haven't tried to feed it one, although I might after its next moult.

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
:) i have a geniculata aprox 5 1/2 inch and i give it 2 little pinkys,they where not pink,a bit older,were grey/black. The first one take it imediatly and the second one after 5/10 minutes. She sucked them about 1 1/2 days and when was done she let a mini ball mouse :))
Sry for my superb english! :))