Does this scorpion look Pre-Molt?

ScorpSarah

Arachnosquire
Young emperor scorpion. She has never molted before. I've thought she's been in pre-molt for a while now but I'm not too familiar with the molt process. She is beginning to carry her tail to the side occasionally, but usually only when a cricket is beside her. What do you guys think?

Attachments

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Get that poor Heterometrus sp. off of those wood chips immediately. Switch to some coco fibre or peat. She needs to be able to burrow.

ScorpSarah

Arachnosquire
Get that poor Heterometrus sp. off of those wood chips immediately. Switch to some coco fibre or peat. She needs to be able to burrow.
Calm down. Her enclosure is forest floor soil with peat moss. I put her in a small container full of wood chips when I clean it/take pictures because she burrows immediately if I don't. :happy:

Do you think she is in pre-molt though going back to my original question.

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
In any case, it seems she is close to moulting. Just look how huge it is! When they molt, they stay upright and pop off the plate where her eyes are. She will come throught it and look white. You MUST do nothing to bother it when it does this. Cannot stress this enough. When she comes out white, still do not feed her or touch her. Wait 1-2 weeks until she looks the same as before (dark) plus a few days. Then feed her. Btw, a tail to the side is nothing unusual. Think of keeping the tail up all the time! They need time to rest too ;) Seems healthy, has she stopped eating? That is a key sign too.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Calm down. Her enclosure is forest floor soil with peat moss. I put her in a small container full of wood chips when I clean it/take pictures because she burrows immediately if I don't. :happy:

Do you think she is in pre-molt though going back to my original question.
Thank the gods!

It looks like it's near a molt or ready to explode.

ScorpSarah

Arachnosquire
They need time to rest too ;) Seems healthy, has she stopped eating? That is a key sign too.
She is still eating occasionally. She went about 2 months without eating, but that was like a month ago and she's been eating regularly since. Which makes me think she is just getting fat maybe :) thanks for your reply. I hope she molts soon!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
That is awesome! It's nice to see nothing wrong with a scorp, freshly molted and everything :D Looks amazing too, hope "she" (we can only hope) will grow into a monster of a scorp ;)