Does this look right?

Cayson

Arachnopeon
I'm new to this and I was wondering if my Asian forest scorpion will be healthy and happy with this? Also does he or she look healthy? image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm new to this and I was wondering if my Asian forest scorpion will be healthy and happy with this? Also does he or she look healthy? View attachment 218357 View attachment 218358

Add at least 4 more inches of substrate, moist but not dripping,
Remove whatever is in the water dish. Depending on your room temp you may not need that it heat lamp (unless for brief viewing purposes).

By the way how many gallons is that tank and how big is your scorp?

Also, I'm sorry but that close up was funny. I didn't expect to see him so close. He looks good though. If you can take some more pics we may be able to sex and get a better id on him.

Cayson

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg Had to put that over him to keep him from wondering off. .That thing in the corner of his home is a magic deck box and he fits all the way in it, the light is for brief viewing. It is a 5.5 gallon tank with a screen lid.

Cayson

Arachnopeon
He has eaten 7 crickets in 3 days is that normal? And he is in his hide so i will get more pictures when he allows me

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
View attachment 218361 Had to put that over him to keep him from wondering off. .That thing in the corner of his home is a magic deck box and he fits all the way in it, the light is for brief viewing. It is a 5.5 gallon tank with a screen lid.
The tank size is perfect just add the substrate and switch that card case for a piece of cork bark or terra cotta pot broken in half. Maybe some fake plants and you are set for a permanent home. If you have issues with it drying out too fast you can cover part of the lid with a piece of acrylic or old picture frame glass.

Cayson

Arachnopeon
The tank size is perfect just add the substrate and switch that card case for a piece of cork bark or terra cotta pot broken in half. Maybe some fake plants and you are set for a permanent home. If you have issues with it drying out too fast you can cover part of the lid with a piece of acrylic or old picture frame glass.

Attachments

Cayson

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Okay I started takeing the sponges out and he was like, "don't touch my stuff!" :x

Last edited:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Thanks! hes real friendly
Haha you got lucky! Or maybe I got unlucky, I dunno, but my heterometrus spinifer isn't very happy when I start messing around her water dish or hide. She throws up a threat real quick

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
View attachment 218363 Okay I started takeing the sponges out and he was like, "don't touch my stuff!" :x
Sponges and stones (I am guilty of stones in the beginning) are breeding grounds for bacteria and are totally unnecessary if your dish isn't made of ice lubed with bearing speed cream.

Hahahaha...yeah, I love their attitudes.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I tend to not recommend beetles given their harder exoskeletons. Just me though ..

@Cayson Remove the sponge from the water dish. All that does is attract bacteria. It needs a few more inches of substrate at the proper moisture level in order for it to burrow. For a hide, use what was recommended above. Also, not sure what that is on the left side. Is that like a shelf or something? Looks like something it could fall off of. I would be hesitant to have that in there.

Overall though not bad for a first set up.

Cayson

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Okay here are some more pics of kendrick! Are you able to sex him/her from these? And whats that white thing on his tummy?

Cayson

Arachnopeon
I tend to not recommend beetles given their harder exoskeletons. Just me though ..

@Cayson Remove the sponge from the water dish. All that does is attract bacteria. It needs a few more inches of substrate at the proper moisture level in order for it to burrow. For a hide, use what was recommended above. Also, not sure what that is on the left side. Is that like a shelf or something? Looks like something it could fall off of. I would be hesitant to have that in there.

Overall though not bad for a first set up.
That thing on the left is a ledge and It is wedge attached to both sides, he likes to sit up there :p. Everytime i touch it My hand gets chased out It is also for shade and he eats under it and on it