Does this look like molting?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Eh, I like it's new blue carapace with red abdomen. I hope it's legs get more red next molt. The legs right now don't have alot of red (Only a little bit in some spots). I guess that because it is just starting to get it's adult colors.
Well, it should next molt. But personally, I like the ADULT colors too ;)

osiris

Arachnopeon
premolt???

hi everyone!!! i got this b. smithi a week ago and the guy i bought it from told me she was premolt so i havnt fed her yet... since she's my first T and just new to me i didnt have any basis wether she really is indeed premolt and i feel uncomfortable with her not having to eat yet. just wondering if u guys could tell me if she is. thanx!!! btw, she is at +/- 2" now

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hi everyone!!! i got this b. smithi a week ago and the guy i bought it from told me she was premolt so i havnt fed her yet... since she's my first T and just new to me i didnt have any basis wether she really is indeed premolt and i feel uncomfortable with her not having to eat yet. just wondering if u guys could tell me if she is. thanx!!! btw, she is at +/- 2" now
That T is not in premolt. Note the exposed skin on her abdomen (rump) is still pink. That would be very brown/black if she were getting ready to molt. Go ahead and feed!

And, by the way, it is more appropriate to start a new thread than to tack onto somebody elses.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Eh, I like it's new blue carapace with red abdomen. I hope it's legs get more red next molt. The legs right now don't have alot of red (Only a little bit in some spots). I guess that because it is just starting to get it's adult colors.
I love the color on this species, and getting to watch them molt is still an awesome experience. Congrats!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shes still pretty white. I'll take one now and in a few days when she gets her actual colors. I can actually see her heartbeat, somthing I've always wanted to witness!

Here she is now.
I know im kinda resurecting this thread, but pic update! :D