Does this look like molting?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After the 2.25" mark they ussually start getting adult colors. At least in my experience.

Smallara, First you say its fine now its not.. Stop giving such short sighted advice.. :rolleyes:

Hassman- Thats an epic picture! Thanks for sharing. :D
? Yeah, I thought so at first, but now since I see her DANGLING from a leg, I think hes gonna need to catch her!

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is out safely! And she didn't need the towel! Lol she was scrambling to grab hold of somthing when she got out! She is quite bendy lol.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful! Well, I guess your right Agent. I was close by .25"! LOL. Well, congrats! Its beautiful :D Now, take the molt and make sure thats a girl! If not, I have a female over here waiting for a male. lol

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I sorta wish there was a species of Avic. that stayed with that bright blue color as adults :eek: Those would be high in demand ;)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I would of used the towel. Your T scrambling around after a molt isnt good. It could injure its self and lose fluid(unlikely) but it may bend its legs odd and form funky.. I had a freshly molted 3" T. stirmi scramble and bend his tarsus backwards! They would bend backward until his next molt.. It just didnt look right..

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would of used the towel. Your T scrambling around after a molt isnt good. It could injure its self and lose fluid(unlikely) but it may bend its legs odd and form funky.. I had a freshly molted 3" T. stirmi scramble and bend his tarsus backwards! They would bend backward until his next molt.. It just didnt look right..
I had the towel about 3-4 inches below him incase his scrambling didn't work!;) And I bought it as a confirmed female so I'm guessing it is a female!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Its good to know the T has the senses to not fall to the ground while molting. lol If it was in the wild all the other Ts would be laughing, pointing and shooting poop! {D "I bet i can hit him on the way down!"

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now it fell onto the towel that was under it (good thing I didn't remove it!) Now it has a flat surface to "adjust" on. now my worry is that he is on the very edge of the towel!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Now it fell onto the towel that was under it (good thing I didn't remove it!) Now it has a flat surface to "adjust" on. now my worry is that he is on the very edge of the towel!
Good save! How did it fall?! LOL This should of been on video! :p

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good save! How did it fall?! LOL This should of been on video! :p
Yeah I don't know how. he was already out and clinging to the wall by like two legs while he did the freshly molted thing with his other legs, so I guess he lost his grip!

Edit- GREH RTGSDRG HASRGRNSRGI SKGBSD NFVDSZF She is practically off the towel, is she trying to give me a heart attack!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I don't know how. he was already out and clinging to the wall by like two legs while he did the freshly molted thing with his other legs, so I guess he lost his grip!

Edit- GREH RTGSDRG HASRGRNSRGI SKGBSD NFVDSZF She is practically off the towel, is she trying to give me a heart attack!
Haha, she'll be alright. She knows what she's doing! :}

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any updates? You should take a pic soon, so we can see the adult colors ;) Not when she is all WHITE!

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shes still pretty white. I'll take one now and in a few days when she gets her actual colors. I can actually see her heartbeat, somthing I've always wanted to witness!

Here she is now.

Last edited:

jondee84

Arachnopeon
Great Series of pictures & commentary lol. Will come in usefull in future.
Cheers

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shes still pretty white. I'll take one now and in a few days when she gets her actual colors. I can actually see her heartbeat, somthing I've always wanted to witness!

Here she is now.
Wow, beautiful! Dont you sorta wish they stayed with that BLUE color? I do sometimes :D

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, beautiful! Dont you sorta wish they stayed with that BLUE color? I do sometimes :D
Eh, I like it's new blue carapace with red abdomen. I hope it's legs get more red next molt. The legs right now don't have alot of red (Only a little bit in some spots). I guess that because it is just starting to get it's adult colors.