Does this look gravid

Felkon

Arachnopeon
If its not gravid then it makes most americans look like disney land. ;)

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We all agreed one day when i posted the pic when i got it from the pet shop it is probably a color morph of scorpio maurus. Which is hard too raise cb babies from. Anybody ever have success raising S.maurus babies?

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great looking scorp! I'd gess it would be the same, but maybe it would be best keeping them on the humid side with good ventilation?
Steve

P.S. Let us know if she pops, and a babie count is possible, lol.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iv been keeping her around 60 humidity wise good venelation. Just waiting for her too pop.:)

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

SHe looks fat. Maybe she is gravid:confused: I don't really know about scorps but I'm amazed by how fat it is..Do you feed it alot?
any ways have a nice day
geo

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No the only thing she has ate lately was one of her cage mates lol. If she does pop will be a challenge raising the babies. Heard its not easy too raise S.maurus babies.

Mechanical-Mind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
iiiiiii think she's gravid. i've rarely seen a scorp with the tergites stretched that far apart and not have babies. actually my good friend diao's heterometrus tergite's never stretched and showed that much membrane and it had a modest clutch of 17!!

i hope she pops for you,

-matt

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Poecilotheria
But hey, whats better than a cb or ch scorp?
Steve
Well, CH = captive hatched, which isn't possible with scorps, because they give live births. :) But, to answer your question, in the reptile field, CB is considered a better way to go, because the parents were bred in captivity. With CH, the eggs are raised in captivity until they hatch. I don't think it makes that much difference, because the babies are never exposed to the elements either way.

Bry

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mechanical-Mind
iiiiiii think she's gravid. i've rarely seen a scorp with the tergites stretched that far apart and not have babies. actually my good friend diao's heterometrus tergite's never stretched and showed that much membrane and it had a modest clutch of 17!!

i hope she pops for you,

-matt
Mine looked like if you blow air into a ballon just enough to fill it without stretching it. Am I making sense? Probably not....

Anyway, good luck!

-G