Does this Hadurus look premolt?

ScorpSarah

Arachnosquire
Does it look premolt? He disappeared for a month and reappeared looking all fat :embarrassed: He's not really moving a lot, and it's been letting any food I offer it walk on his back sometimes. Killing his prey but not really eating.
image.jpeg

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
From the picture, can't reference the size, could be premolt or gravid. If adult WC, might be a "she" and gravid ready to give birth.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@ScorpSarah Looks like my 5i Hadrurus.
My money is on pre-molt since my adult Hadrurus do not get this bloated even though I tend to over feed them at times.

Unless you tell me it is not an adult specimen then I would say pre-molt.

Greenjewls

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whether premolt or gravid, should be released back into the wild, if possible. Probably won't survive a molt in captivity, and you certainly won't be able to rear the young past a molt or 2 in captivity. If it is just overfed, well, don't feed it so much. And it needs a warm spot (around 90f) to be able to digest very well. Good luck! If you need an extra large adult for a pet let me know.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
whether premolt or gravid, should be released back into the wild, if possible. Probably won't survive a molt in captivity, and you certainly won't be able to rear the young past a molt or 2 in captivity. If it is just overfed, well, don't feed it so much. And it needs a warm spot (around 90f) to be able to digest very well. Good luck! If you need an extra large adult for a pet let me know.
I would take you up on that offer if I did not already have a bunch of H. arizonensis.

ScorpSarah

Arachnosquire
Thought I'd give an update. I live up north so releasing is not an option. I've been trying my best to lightly mist once a day on one side of the tank. It is male and he is still as big as ever and now he is not eating and very defensive with his tail to the side when I offer food, so I am really hoping to give him a successful molt. I've been trying to use a straw to allow some water to reach towards the bottom of the substrate away from his burrow. I've been keeping it warm in his tank also. Im just not sure what else to do, he looks like he is going to molt anyday. :wideyed:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@ScorpSarah I give mine a small water dish and leave it at that.
Misting is way too inconsistent.
I have seen mine drinking from the dish on occasion.

Last edited: