Does this enclosure look okay for a 1" T?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Your man sounds more boy to me...sounds like an over-reacting high schooler. :rofl:
Believe it or not, my husband had the same reaction. My jaw dropped
hearing a grown man say that. I wasn't very nice, i laughed in his face...but when he said that again i simply told him that if i would find a T under his shoes, i'd trash one of his precious Lego cars. And i was not kidding. No more complaints or silly talk after that :D

AHMR

Arachnosquire
Also for the record the new container is only about an inch to inch and a half longer then the deli and about the same width.
It's a sandwich container lol
The only way you see it is different is its only about 3/4 the height of a deli. But the little guy still has about 1.5-2" of substrate to burrow in.

cold blood

Staff member
hearing a grown man say that. I wasn't very nice, i laughed in his face...but when he said that again i simply told him that if i would find a T under his shoes, i'd trash one of his precious Lego cars. And i was not kidding. No more complaints or silly talk after that :D
Lego cars:rofl:...sounds like you have enough to make fun of without any help...lmao.

AHMR

Arachnosquire
I told mine if he did that it would make me cry(something he hates seeing lol) and he softened and just said "then how about we make sure it doesn't happen ok? Let's find a container we can lock him into for sure."
He is scared of spiders but understands they're not evil.
But I'm usually the one catching house spiders to release back outside lol cuz his solution is to squish em 8- ) which makes me upset. So now he just tells me when he sees them,so I can deal with them lol

AHMR

Arachnosquire
But I'll admit,if there wasn't a risk to my Ts, I'd LOVE to see his react if my 5.5-6" girl happen to surprise him by crawling up his leg.....lmao

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Lego cars:rofl:...sounds like you have enough to make fun of without any help...lmao.
I know...he says 'it's different because it is technic legos, meant for grown ups'. Well, i guess it is better than a husband who insists on doing repairs around the house himself and mess things up...:D

@AHMR
Ah, you're on the emotional warfare more, lol. Don't know which is worse, being called a wuss straight to your face by your wife, or being played on your feelings...

AHMR

Arachnosquire
I know...he says 'it's different because it is technic legos, meant for grown ups'. Well, i guess it is better than a husband who insists on doing repairs around the house himself and mess things up...:D

@AHMR
Ah, you're on the emotional warfare more, lol. Don't know which is worse, being called a wuss straight to your face by your wife, or being played on your feelings...
No,I'm on the calling it like it is. I fight fair when I fight. But if he DID step on one of my Ts I really would cry and I told him so.
Since he hates seeing me cry,it changed his tone really quick lol
(So I guess in a way it's using emotional warfare lol)
I've told mine he's a wuss to tho lol his fear of spiders is just weird to me.
But he tells me I'm crazy/weird for loving spiders.
So we're about even lol

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
Just rehoused my chromatus into the same container on Tuesday @AHMR after its recent molt. And you are right, I'd say we do have siblings. Mine is same size from same batch at TC! I really like the locking lids on those containers, was using those same ones before as well.

AHMR

Arachnosquire
Just rehoused my chromatus into the same container on Tuesday @AHMR after its recent molt. And you are right, I'd say we do have siblings. Mine is same size from same batch at TC! I really like the locking lids on those containers, was using those same ones before as well.
Yay for siblings! They sure are cute little buggers eh?lol
With the recent molt has yours started to show its true colours yet?lol(mine hasn't molted since I got it)
I know I was told its when they hit about 1.5-2" that the true colours will start to show.
Ya I prefer locking lids,as then I KNOW it's secure in its enclosure.
Cuz I'd feel like crap if the lid popped,it got out, and then one of my other pets got it. This is why even my big girl(6" g.porteri) is in a locking lid tank.
I've seen my cat eat house spiders before,so if he saw my T he'd assume it was a snack to.
So instead I lock them into their enclosures to ensure they stay safe.