does this butt look pre-molt?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
g. pulchra who made the volcano over her waterdish...I tried to get a pic. thru the glass of her tank but I can't figure out how yet..so here she is..

Attachments

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm not an expert at all but it looks like gravid to me (is she Wild caught?)
If not she is one FAT spider...:eek:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow. She's one huge spider. But she is a pretty looking species I wouldn't mind having in my soon to be growing collection.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
in my soon to be growing collection.
LOL
I really know what you feel like: Having a few T's and watching all those guys with hundrends of them....

My collection is like yours: soon to grow! (I only have a T.Blondie now)

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nah, she's not gravid...

Originally posted by genious_gr
I'm not an expert at all but it looks like gravid to me (is she Wild caught?)
If not she is one FAT spider...:eek:
I got her in January from Bryan (Cronoss) and Im pretty sure he said he had raised her from a sling...
I guess we just feed her good..:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i came here asking for advice..

Wow. She's one huge spider. But she is a pretty looking species I wouldn't mind having in my soon to be growing collection.
well, not just for what kind of spider would be best for my son..but also on how to convince my b/f to let him have one.
This species is one of the most docile out there. ANd I was only getting ONE tarantula.
famous last words.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Holy cow. That is one fat spider. And yes, it does look like premolt to me. I have observed that premolt tarantula's abdomines looks fatter than usual. Is there any truth to this, anyone?

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess it's hard to tell from the pic,but it's way to small to be gravid.
She is captive breed.and yes i would say she is in pre molt.
hope this helps
Bryan

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Bryan....

:) maybe I should put her in weight watchers.
She is doing great by the way!

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
See? I told you I'm not an expert...
But this is one HUGE abdoment!!!! How can she carry that?????:eek:

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you're gonna give her

a complex! ;P

i dunno...she just kinda moves her legs and her rear follows..sure is a pretty T though, isnt it? I made a very good choice.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by genious_gr
LOL
I really know what you feel like: Having a few T's and watching all those guys with hundrends of them....

My collection is like yours: soon to grow! (I only have a T.Blondie now)
Along with my initial Chilean Rosehair (G. rosea), I have a Pinktoe (A. avicularia) as well. (Who's rump is starting to look like rapunzel's spider's rump too.) But that's not all. I've ordered four more Tarantulas from Swift Inverts. I'll be getting a Brazilian Red and White (L. cristatus), Cinnamon Pinktoe(A. aurantiaca), Costa Rican Tigerrump (C. fasciatum) and a Flagstaff Orange. I do believe that Tarantulas will phase out all of my mammalian pets eventually.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: i came here asking for advice..

Originally posted by rapunzel
well, not just for what kind of spider would be best for my son..but also on how to convince my b/f to let him have one.
This species is one of the most docile out there. ANd I was only getting ONE tarantula.
famous last words.
I'd say if one wanted a black hued Tarantula species, rather than spending money on the agressive Old World species with that kind of coloration, the G. pulchra is the one to buy.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That Definatly looks premolt to me.

She's a round lil sweety lol.

Please take pictures After the molt. I'm curious to see her after moult heiny size.

""she just kinda moves her legs and her rear follows"""

LOLOLOL. Thats something I would say!

LOL

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Cronoss
I guess it's hard to tell from the pic,but it's way to small to be gravid.
She is captive breed.and yes i would say she is in pre molt.
hope this helps
Bryan
Oh no! My Pinktoe looks just like that. Any words for someone who's going through the First Molt phase. I've had arachnids before but they were all adults so I was cheated out of the molting experience.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well,

Oh no! My Pinktoe looks just like that. Any words for someone who's going through the First Molt phase. I've had arachnids before but they were all adults so I was cheated out of the molting experience.

Basically, keep the humidity higher, dont leave any live food in with it, and leave it alone. "watch it, don't handle it." and Wait. and wait and wait.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"does this butt look pre-molt?"

I'm sorry but this has to be said. It just popped into my head. But.......that sounds like a corny pick up line or something we women ask our boyfriends or husbands alot. ;P

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: well,

Originally posted by rapunzel
Basically, keep the humidity higher, dont leave any live food in with it, and leave it alone. "watch it, don't handle it." and Wait. and wait and wait.
I just hope all this happens when I'm home and not at school. I'm just a tad nervous about all this molting buisness. But yet I'm utterly curious.