Does she need a roof?

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, Tonkers appears to have settled into a back corner of her hide rather than the one I lovingly hand crafted out of wine corks. But, if she's happy there she's happy there. The corner is behind a low piece of cork bark, and I noticed this afternoon that she's put some webbing on the side of the bark nearest the corner, and a few strands attached to the glass over the corner.

Now, this corner doesn't provide any cover from the light in my room, and usually when I see her in it she's scrunched a little. Would it be a good idea to put some sort of roof over her? I have an extra piece of cork bark I can hot glue to the inside of the tank. I'm just not sure if the light is stressing her more than me sticking something else in her cage would.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, she has webbed a little more of her corner this morning, to the point that I think I'd be interfering with her webbing if I tried to cram something over her.

I have settled for the non-invasive solution of putting a spare piece of cardstock on top of her cage over her corner to cast a shadow.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If she moved to the spot on her own then she feels comfortable there. The best thing is just to let her build her home how and where she wants.