does scorpion drink in bottle cap?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some of you says they never drink in bottle cap and some of you says they do. Well, most of my desert species and tropical species drinks in bottle cap. Here's my Hottentotta hottentotta drinking. I'll try to add more pics when I capture them drinking ;P

Hottentotta hottentotta

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when I rescued my Scorpio maurus palmatus from the pet store it spent 2 hours with its face in the water dish :) nice pic. I didnt know u had 2 colors of H.hottentotta

Last edited:

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when I rescued my Scorrpio maurus palmatus from the pet store it spent 2 hours with its face in the water dish :) nice pic. I didnt know u had 2 colors of H.hottentotta
I was showing you that the other night lol. I guess you didn't bother looking at the links I provided you.;P

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some of you says they never drink in bottle cap and some of you says they do. Well, most of my desert species and tropical species drinks in bottle cap. Here's my Hottentotta hottentotta drinking. I'll try to add more pics when I capture them drinking ;P

Hottentotta hottentotta
Oh yes, my Hottentotta species particularly H. hottentotta and H. trilineatus always drank from a bottle cap.

And furthermore I always offered water to my L.qs and they are some of the thirtiest scorps I've ever observed. Some have argued against this and fear it may raise the humidity. Well, I have never lost a L.q. And sadly, when I removed the waterdish whether it be energy drink bottle or pill bottle cap, my Deathstalkers would seek the water source out and circle around confusedly.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
My old H. arizonensis would as well as my small colony of B. jacksoni...however, my S. mesaensis would run like a bat out of hell to get away from a milk cap of water :D hydrophobic? just SLIGHTLY lol

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ed,

My H. hottentotta especially drink a lot.

BTW the light form female looks like she is about to drop!

Cheers.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ed,

My H. hottentotta especially drink a lot.

BTW the light form female looks like she is about to drop!

Cheers.
I don't know bro. Last October, she dropped some eggs. Not sure if it's from stress or because I have her in my hotbox. I also have an H.judaicus dropped eggs and 1 L.q female that didn't let any babies go on her back. This happened when I didn't provide them water. Hopefully things will change this time. My gravid females now drinks H2o like there's no tomorrow.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ed,

Well Ive heard H. hottentotta can drop once every three months so I think it would be safe to say you could be expecting a brood fairly soon because I think I can see embryos on the light form female.

Cheers.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ed,

Well Ive heard H. hottentotta can drop once every three months so I think it would be safe to say you could be expecting a brood fairly soon because I think I can see embryos on the light form female.

Cheers.
Bro,
I can definitely see her packing embryos. I hope you're right :D.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my australis also drinks water, unfortunately it prefers to cover it with sand afterwards and burrow under the cap. :p