does red claw really needs to be red?

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes

yes, i've tried exposing it to sunlight & the claws are somewhat reddish, i'll take some more pictures & hopefully we could help this issue resolved. thanks guys!!!!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it is 100% pandinus sp. porbably cavimanus
it is 100% NOT heterometrus

There is no possible way at all on earth that that animal is a heterometrus. at all.

looking at the color of the telson is among the worst ways of ID'ing a scorp, so is looking at color. Cavimanus are highly polymorphic in coloration, some are a light chocolate, some are almost pure black.

Rest assured em, there is no possible way that is a heterometrus.

John

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mostly of the imports where p.cavimarus and p.imperator which are readily availble on the market... if someone here in PH got an unID pandinus he will surely keep it to himself until he ables to ID it, if it is a rare one, i doubt that he'll sell it.

its a P. cavimarus sub-adult, it still dont have its dimple, so it means its not yet an adult. :p

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is 100% pandinus sp. porbably cavimanus
it is 100% NOT heterometrus

There is no possible way at all on earth that that animal is a heterometrus. at all.

looking at the color of the telson is among the worst ways of ID'ing a scorp, so is looking at color. Cavimanus are highly polymorphic in coloration, some are a light chocolate, some are almost pure black.

Rest assured em, there is no possible way that is a heterometrus.

John

...cool John!!! thanks!!!!

to kahoy: it was actually sold to me as red claw but he did not know the exact spp. as far as i know there's the P.viatoris & P.cavimanus which i think are both red claw...

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
its a P. cavimarus sub-adult, it still dont have its dimple, so it means its not yet an adult. :p
unless i am mistaken, the dimple is a sexual dimorphism, so is only present in one gender. This time, its the males.

John

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
where can i see the dimple?:? :? :? :? :?
Emmille; here is a post that shows a P cavimanus male w/ dimple (it's more like a dent than dimple, and its colour looks just like yours) LINK

Here is a link to a scorpion site that shows a male and female P cavimanus side by side picture (3rd row of pictures down) LINK

Also for fun I took some of the pictures of my Heterometrus, P imperator & P cavimanus and threw them into MSPaint and made a side by side comparison with one of your pictures. (If you feel that I am being too presumptuous here and you want me to remove your pictures I'll do that)

Small Picture

Link to large picture (1381px wide X 1447px tall 333KB) LINK

Last edited:

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks

thanks guys!!! i appreciate all your help.

thanks Thaedion, John, Arachnophilist & the rest....thanks for the extra effort of giving the links & the pictures for comparison. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

so therefore. red claw doesn't need to be red, right? {D {D {D

anyway, at least it's not a heterometrus!!! {D {D {D {D {D {D {D {D