Does My Smithi Look Male To You?

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My smithi just molted and what I thought was a she is beginning to look a little male-ish to me. I wasn't able to do a proper sexing because he ruined the molt exo, but i was wondering what people think based on these pics.

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
100% male. ;)
How can you tell if you don't mind me asking? I was only thinking this because of how long his legs are. When he's stretched out they are very long for a T his size.

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How can you tell if you don't mind me asking? I was only thinking this because of how long his legs are. When he's stretched out they are very long for a T his size.
Oh, haha, I was kidding. Sorry.:eek:

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You had me going man, lol, I'll try to get some ventral shots for you guys to make it easier. Sorry i knew it was a shot in the dark with the pics I have, but he doesn't like to climb and even though I've had them for a long time already, I still haven't gotten the courage to handle them. I love them and all, but having one on my hand FREAKS me out.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You had me going man, lol, I'll try to get some ventral shots for you guys to make it easier. Sorry i knew it was a shot in the dark with the pics I have, but he doesn't like to climb and even though I've had them for a long time already, I still haven't gotten the courage to handle them. I love them and all, but having one on my hand FREAKS me out.
Oh yeah, there are probably many members here that still freak out. It's perfectly natural and understandable. Just when you get try to get some vent shots. Good luck!

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also wanted to note that it has molted three times since christmas and grew from 1 to 3 inches between then and now... if that makes a difference.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I also wanted to note that it has molted three times since christmas and grew from 1 to 3 inches between then and now... if that makes a difference.
Well at that rate, I would probably say male, but there are too many variables to justify that.