Does my scorpion have mites?

Quinnscorpionempress

Arachnopeon
So I got a emperor scorpion about a year and a half ago, and I’m seeing black dots near their front of their face, I’m wondering if they are mites, also sorry that I took the pictures with the flash on. 1250DBFF-3F88-494A-B7FA-BB87BE6CF94E.jpeg

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
No need to mist it that is just a wasteful effort just remoisten the substrate by lightly pouring water into it. Giant forest scorpions do not need a wet habitat just need a deep moist substrate to burrow into and waterdish that is always filled. A bit of moss doesn't hurt either.👍

Quinnscorpionempress

Arachnopeon
No need to mist it that is just a wasteful effort just remoisten the substrate by lightly pouring water into it. Giant forest scorpions do not need a wet habitat just need a deep moist substrate to burrow into and waterdish that is always filled. A bit of moss doesn't hurt either.👍
Alright thank you so much, sorry I know a decent amount of stuff about scorpions, but I Mostly collect lizards.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Alright thank you so much, sorry I know a decent amount of stuff about scorpions, but I Mostly collect lizards.
No problem, if I may make suggestions, 2.5 - 5 gallon would be much preferable to a KK. Provide 4"-6" of moist substrate, it will construct a burrow. I heat mine with a lamp with a thermostat. Whenever a spot of the surface gets dry beneath the lamp I just lightly pour water back into it. This species just requires a moist habitat and a large waterdish.

Quinnscorpionempress

Arachnopeon
No problem, if I may make suggestions, 2.5 - 5 gallon would be much preferable to a KK. Provide 4"-6" of moist substrate, it will construct a burrow. I heat mine with a lamp with a thermostat. Whenever a spot of the surface gets dry beneath the lamp I just lightly pour water back into it. This species just requires a moist habitat and a large waterdish.
Wait so I should use a heat lamp? I have an extra one, but I don’t know if that’s the best idea

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Wait so I should use a heat lamp? I have an extra one, but I don’t know if that’s the best idea

If you have your temps between 75F-85F you should be fine. I prefer to keep my AFS at 80F-85F during the day. That is pretty much the temps they have much of the year in their natural habitat (south Vietnam). But a heat lamp is not recommended without a dimming thermostat. How many watts is it? It may be wise to invest in a terrarium lamp stand.