Does my B. smithi look kinda thin or no?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
bald patch still pinkish. She isn't chubby but by no means does she look thin. Could be a fast or a long pre molt

Liquifin

Arachnoking
While it's not on the dangerous skinny side, it is a bit average-slim to me. It's not dangerously skinny so it's not too worrisome yet as I would recommend to try to feed it once every while to see if it's interested. Also it appears to be a B. hamorii to me, but I'm no expert on B. hamorii or B. smithi.

Adrinium

Arachnosquire
bald patch still pinkish. She isn't chubby but by no means does she look thin. Could be a fast or a long pre molt
yeah, hope that's the case. i'll put in crickets and leave them in for a day and it just looks stressed so then I wait like a couple weeks and try again and still runs away very scared.

While it's not on the dangerous skinny side, it is a bit average-slim to me. It's not dangerously skinny so it's not too worrisome yet as I would recommend to try to feed it once every while to see if it's interested. Also it appears to be a B. hamorii to me, but I'm no expert on B. hamorii or B. smithi.
yeah i usually try a cricket or disable a meal or superworm every couple of weeks and still nothing. i make sure it has water just in case it needs it. yeah, i can never tell the difference tbh haha. i just want her to be okay because this species is probably my all time fav, though no my fav in my collection right now due to the lack of a feeding response :/

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
yeah it looks like a hamorii.

Braden

Arachnoknight
If your worried, put some prekilled prey in the enclosure. If it eats then great, if not then it knows what she it's doing :)

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Not thin enough to worry definitely looks fine. If the abdomen gets shriveled looking that's when its worrisome.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Not thin, abdomen looks a decent size (I aim to keep the abdomen just slightly bigger than the carapace). Tbh, it could refuse to eat for a year and not lose any noticeable amount of abdominal mass (they generally only lose it with moults).

You only need to start worrying if the abdomen becomes shrunken/shrivelled.