Does it ever stop???

AmberDawnDays

Arachnoknight
My tarantula want list is growing and growing. I just want more and more tarantulas. People (family, coworkers, & friends) all think I've gone completely nuts. I dont think I've ever enjoyed anything in my life so much as I enjoy this hobby. I know you all understand.

So far I've mostly been keeping NW terrestrials, though I do have 2 NW arborreals. I'm nowhere near ready to venture into husbandry for most arborreal or any OW species. How do you all prioritize your want list? I feel like I am happy with the amount of tarantulas I have now because they keep me busy enough. I don't want to overwhelm myself, but I want more.

Screamingreenmachine

Arachnosquire
It never stops...

I'm not even a year in and already have 9 and took my first step into Old Worlds back in April. I would many have so many more if I wasn't going to be moving into an apartment in August and my space will be limited and so will my time. I'm in the market for 2 more (my last 2 for probably a year or 2), but the one I really want keeps eluding me, by hours, or even minutes! :mad: :banghead:

I prioritize my list by getting other people to help pick for me. I love them all equally so sometimes I just need someone to push me one way or another!

I say don't worry about what anyone else thinks! I'm in the same boat (nuts in the eyes of friends and family) but this hobby really is a drug.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I don't really have a HUGE desire to get more. The only two species im craving are the genic and the GBB.

kooky

Arachnosquire
I literally just ordered a nice 2.5/3" pulchra yesterday, should be arriving tomorrow! was one i was after for so long as well, i feel your pain struggling to get one

AshS

Arachnosquire
I know how you feel, there are so many T's that I want. But my wife had limited me to just 3. :banghead: And that was only because I begged to get a third, which I am still looking for. I finally decided that I am going to get a GBB just got to find one.

Daesu

Arachnopeon
I think I need to slow down. My first was a B. Albo sub adult. A month later I got a tiny G. pulchripes sling.
Just over a month later I went to the BTS exhibition and came back with four more! ( adult f B. hamorri, juvenile f B. vagans, juvenile f A. geni, and G. pulchra large sling).
Two and a bit months in the hobby and six spiders.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It depends on how selective you are. I won't stop, but there are only a handful of species that I'm interested in that I don't own, so it has definitely slowed down since the beginning.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
For now, I have all species that were on my list.

Yeah right. One look at the for sale lists of breeders and I'm hooked again. Along with @KezyGLA s blue Holothele species :shifty:
For which I lack the funds, darn it.

G.pulchra was my last addition, they are not readily available, I've waited for a year to get my tarsals on one :p

boina

Lady of the mites
Theoretically I've all the spiders I need... except one or two, perhaps...

But the Hamm-Expo is coming up and I need to go because I need more glass terrariums and they are really cheap there and they don't ship well. So you all can see that I really must go, right?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Personally, I've been interested in spiders for several years now and only 3 yrs ago my gf bought me my first tarantula...and now we have 40. Unfortunately she said no more till some of them get bigger so we can sell them and make room for breeding projects. Considering the spare bedroom is The Animal Room it's getting a bit cramped :p

As to answer your question, no.... I don't think the wantsies ever end lol

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Theoretically I've all the spiders I need... except one or two, perhaps...

But the Hamm-Expo is coming up and I need to go because I need more glass terrariums and they are really cheap there and they don't ship well. So you all can see that I really must go, right?
Yes. Yes you need to go. It is important. :zombie:
I've done my enabling part for today :smug:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
No. It doesn't.

You will want to dabble in a bit of everything. There is too much to choose from. And there are new species cropping up everywhere :rolleyes:

Brumbleberry

Arachnopeon
I'm up to 4 T slings now. 3 terrestrials and 1 arboreal. Honestly the arboreal scares me. I never know what she's going to do or the best way to open her cage to get food in. So I'm not going to jump on more arboreals unless I really figure this one out and enjoy it. The 2 brachys that I have so far are my favorite. I think I might be a brachy-collector!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
It will never stop. I've said this several times, embrace it, don't fight it because the urge will get stronger. For every time you fight the urge the more additions you will add to the list.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
It depends on how selective you are. I won't stop, but there are only a handful of species that I'm interested in that I don't own, so it has definitely slowed down since the beginning.
I'm hoping that as I'm getting into in the dawrf species now my list won't be so long , I wonder how many their are ?

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I'm up to 4 T slings now. 3 terrestrials and 1 arboreal. Honestly the arboreal scares me. I never know what she's going to do or the best way to open her cage to get food in. So I'm not going to jump on more arboreals unless I really figure this one out and enjoy it. The 2 brachys that I have so far are my favorite. I think I might be a brachy-collector!
Brachys are so underrated, there are so many stunning sp. in the genus, I've been in the hobby for a few years now and I just want more and more, but the good lady has said 10 is more than enough - she doesn't get it "right"

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Brachys are so underrated, there are so many stunning sp. in the genus, I've been in the hobby for a few years now and I just want more and more, but the good lady has said 10 is more than enough - she doesn't get it "right"
Yeah I have two , would like more if I could !