Does camera flash hurt T's?

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I was just wondering because I was taking some macro shots of my b smithi and realized I could prob be hurting her, not that their vision is great but I just
wanna make sure its doesnt hurt them....

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Here is an up shot of the lovely lady at pre molt..

IMG_0009.jpg

And here is a shot of my G Pulchripes...Cute little specimen...

IMG_0006.jpg

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I am not sure about studies in any animal (or spider) about flash and their eyes. I know it bothers mine. I try and limit flash use if possible, or offset the flash so it is not directly on them.

My newest T threw a threat pose at the flash the first time it went off, then was unbothered by it after that.

Marga

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What a Great Q: Always wondered

I do Not have a Great A: though :eek: :p

My T's seem to Not notice during pic sessions.......they do have lenses that filter light, so they would have to "see" the FLASH I feel.

Late night pics don't scare off my T's......GL in your search for answers re: - J

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Stan posted about it here,

I'll quote the passage here too (I seem to be quoting a lot of him lately:))
Give that whole thread a good read, it's a good'un!

Are you referring to a camera flash? It looks like lightening. Spiders have been seeing lightening for 380 to 400 million years now. It doesn't bother them.

Spiders have also seen and experienced a lot of other things over that vast time. They're neither wimps nor delicate wraiths. They're survivors!

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
it never seems to bother any of mine. I take pics of mine all the time and have never seen any of them do anything other than sit there. They might be thinking "well crap here we go again" but they never show it ;}