Does anyone know why dubia roaches have been skyrocketing in price as of late?

spiderlover123

Arachnopeon
I pay 20 for 50 large dubias but another shop charged 5 dollars for 3 so I don’t know. I fed to many females and now I’m down to 10 females, 13 males, and 2 nymphs. I might have to redo my math on how much it would cost to restart everything. You got overcharged. Also, why is there no status on the dubia roach like if it’s endangered?
Well to clarify I didn't pay for any dubia roaches. I convinced my mom to jump the gun and buy a starter colony of 200 lobsters with some pregnant females for about 27 dollars. I just saw the price tag and walked out haha.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
That’s a good deal. I have to restart my colony so I have to spend the money. I’m trying to start a business selling feeders. So far, I’ve only sold one mealworm pack and a couple worms for a friend with chickens

Beetles

Arachnosquire
@Matts inverts The dubias are fine in their natural range. Also the increase in price has been reported in pet stores so most likely pet stores are taking advantage of the fact that pandemic has created a lot of newbie pet keepers because no where online of reputable sellers or sites has increased their price.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
How does COVID affect anything? My local pet stores say they can’t source feeders but they also breed most of them. All the stores and shops are running at full capacity with all the workers. All the shops have a sign saying because of COVID, they can’t source any animals so they are charging more. I have a theory that they created Covid to change more on animals

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
because no where online of reputable sellers or sites has increased their price.
I checked my purchase history against current pricing. Kimbrells is up 35% since prepandemic on 400ct mediums and they are sold out. KFC is up 42% since prepandemic on 400ct mediums. Both are very reputable in reptile circles.