Does anyone have a calculator for Boa Morphs?

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I'm looking for a morph calculator for boa constrictors!

Also, can someone tell me what a Sunglow male (Born from a Kahl Albino X Salmon het Kahl Coral Albino) and my female Kahl Albino het Anery (born from Coral albino het anery male X anery het albino female) would produce.

I also want to know what I have to breed my female with (when the time comes) to get some Snow boas.

Thanks!

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A Sunglow is basically a hypo-albino. An albino...is just that. lol.

This means, theoretically speaking, you should get a clutch of half sunglows and half albinos with that pairing. Though, don't be surprised if a couple normals slip in. All the babies would be 50% possible het. (meaning they would carry the gene) for anery.

To get a snow boa, your best bet would be to acquire an anery male het albino. That would be the cheapest method. For me, look up a little and invest in a ghost (hypo anery) het for albino. Then you have the potential to create the moonglow as well. ;)

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
A Sunglow is basically a hypo-albino. An albino...is just that. lol.

This means, theoretically speaking, you should get a clutch of half sunglows and half albinos with that pairing. Though, don't be surprised if a couple normals slip in. All the babies would be 50% possible het. (meaning they would carry the gene) for anery.

To get a snow boa, your best bet would be to acquire an anery male het albino. That would be the cheapest method. For me, look up a little and invest in a ghost (hypo anery) het for albino. Then you have the potential to create the moonglow as well. ;)
Thank you! That's what I thought, just wasn't certain. I'm still a little confused at times about the morphs. And thanks for the suggestion about the ghost het for albino. I hadn't thought of that!

I know that morph calculators exist, but can't seem to get my hands on one.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No problem! We've all been there. It takes a little time before you fully figure out the morphs, etc. I try looking for the best results at the best price. Of course, you could get a normal het snow...but you'd be left with a lit of "normal" offspring. Or, you could invest in a snow or moonglow from the start, but spending that much money feels...wrong somehow.

Just remember that with your original pairing, only 50% off the offspring will be het. And, unless you have the funds to run DNA tests, it is impossible to know.

Let us know what you end up doing!