Does anyone else

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Use purified water for their T's?I use it for all my animals, and they seem to love it,I put it in My T's Vivarium and it's gone in two days!:D

Ben

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As the wise Code_Monkey once said, use tap for moistening the substrate and the water dish, and distilled or purified, etc., for misting, as it won't leave mineral deposits. For those of you who have glass showers, you know it's a pain in the arse. After awhile, even Windex won't take it off. So just to keep your cage nice and pretty for a long time, do the above. Hope that helped. :)

-LT

EDIT: Had to add "the substrate." Wasn't quite clear without.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heh, it sticks pretty darn well to tile walls too :p

Magnum-PI

Arachnopeon
Having already developed those mineral deposits on a couple of tanks-Is there any way to clean it off without using really hard chemicals that I might not be able to remove completely?

--Chris

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Magnum-PI
Having already developed those mineral deposits on a couple of tanks-Is there any way to clean it off without using really hard chemicals that I might not be able to remove completely?

--Chris
Depends on how long they've been there. Try water and a papertowel first. If that doesn't work, try soapy water. If that doesn't work, move to the kitchen cleaners (some of those funky tile cleaners I can't remember the name of?) like Windex, 409, whatever. If that doesn't work....maybe bleach will. Never tried bleach. I guess that's it unless you have something stronger you want to try. ;)

I hope that works out for you!