Does anyone else get super excited when they see slings after a long period of time?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
So, it was feeding day, and I'm dropping in the requisite feeders. Well, I got to two of my biggest pet holes, my P. Fasciata sling and my P.Miranda sling. I hadn't seen my P.Miranda sling since I took possession of her(i hope). I dropped in the cricket, and closed the lid just as she popped fully out of her burrow and shot out at the cricket. She had gone from the .6" sling I bought to a 1.5" beauty( I was able to measure her last molt). Needless to say I'm a proud papa. After that celebration, I went to feed my P.Fasciata sling, when lo and behold, she was completely visible. I hadn't seen her since I got her in June of last year. From ejected molts I could see that she was close to 2". I dropped in a cricket which was soon dealt with, and then happily went back to no longer seeing my two young pokies.

Anyone else get this excited over seeing their little buggers?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yes × 1000!

My albo sling recently molted, and aside from seeing it dressed in its recent ghostly white outfit, the T has been in hiding. I did however catch a glimpse of my baby today...and what a proud parent I am! My lil B. albo is starting to look all curly!!! :cat:

Timc

Arachnosquire
My E. cyanognathus was a pet hole in a forest of web from the time he was a sling until his ultimate molt, so seeing him was always a pleasure, usually only ever at feeding time. I would drop the cricket in, the legs would come out and then once the the sucker got close enough BAM! I would see an olive and brown jumble of body parts snatch the cricket and disappear again. I was always very disappointed if a stupid cricket would go right down into his den...

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
My E. cyanognathus was a pet hole in a forest of web from the time he was a sling until his ultimate molt, so seeing him was always a pleasure, usually only ever at feeding time. I would drop the cricket in, the legs would come out and then once the the sucker got close enough BAM! I would see an olive and brown jumble of body parts snatch the cricket and disappear again. I was always very disappointed if a stupid cricket would go right down into his den...
That's what I hate when I feed my E.Murinus. It's like c'mon, at least make her work for it! Sheesh

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Yes × 1000!

My albo sling recently molted, and aside from seeing it dressed in its recent ghostly white outfit, the T has been in hiding. I did however catch a glimpse of my baby today...and what a proud parent I am! My lil B. albo is starting to look like all curly!!! :cat:
Yes! I'm not weird! Hahaha and congrats on the molt and sighting.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Speaking of pet holes, not a sling but this is the first time I've seen my C. huahini since well before it moulted so that was a pleasant surprise, this was the only half-decent pic I managed to get before it teleported back into it's hole.

DSC00001.JPG

My A. musculosa sling is almost never out either due to being ridiculously skittish, I can still see into its burrow through the sides but I still get kind of excited whenever I see its legs poking out of the entrance of its burrow lol.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Speaking of pet holes, not a sling but this is the first time I've seen my C. huahini since well before it moulted so that was a pleasant surprise, this was the only half-decent pic I managed to get before it teleported back into it's hole.

View attachment 240557

My A. musculosa sling is almost never out either due to being ridiculously skittish, I can still see into its burrow through the sides but I still get kind of excited whenever I see its legs poking out of the entrance of its burrow lol.
I do love a C.Huahini

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Excited, no, pleasantly surprised, yes

My N. Chromatus sling doesn't come out often, but when she/he does I tend to be a little shocked, because it comes out once or twice every two months.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I do get super excited because even though I know I shouldn't worry and there is nothing I can do. I do tend to run the what if through my mind when a T blocks itself off. I have had that rare occasion where I kept telling myself he was fine, an H. Mac sling and when I finally broke down to make sure he was ok he was not ok he was deads. My P. Irminia had sealed itself off for about a month now, but I know this is normal for this species and it does not smell like a dead T. But I'd feel better about the whole situation if he just stuck a leg out of his hide.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I rarely see my M. balfouri but crickets disappear. Occasionally see some legs here and there. She's about 1.5" - 1.75"

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Had this happen with my T.gigas recently, it still had the sling pattern last I saw it, went down to the T room and bam there it was out in the open. It doubled in size and is now sporting that beautiful orange coloration. Of course it teleported back down its web funnel as soon as I tried to get a pic...

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
My C. Cyaneopubescens is in a really long premolt time, it's been 3 months I bought her (2,5cm), she've litteraly almost the same size since I got her. I'm so impatient of the day I'll wake up and find a molt in her hiding place. Otherwise, my chilobrachys sp. Blue came out of her hole recently, she gained 1cm of legspan, so proud :D