Does anyone else AFS hang upside down

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Mine does this every day. Mostly at night time. All he does is climb on the lid or attempt constantly to try and get on it. Sometimes he slips off and will just re try again. Until he gives up or wants to back into hide

Normal? Should I take some substrate out so he can't reach? I took an inch out but he uses his tail to prop him up or he climbs.on top of his hide to reach I have to leave enough substrate for him to burrow

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
As long as the scorpion can't fall enough to hurt should be fine. Looks like a fall in that terrarium wouldn't do much damage, so your scorpion should be alright climbing. That is actually really interesting! Not sure if they can get stuck like T's can in mesh, but I didn't think they'd want to climb upside down. But yeah, your scorpion looks great. As long as it eats, hides, and moves like normal, then they are healthy :D

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
As long as the scorpion can't fall enough to hurt should be fine. Looks like a fall in that terrarium wouldn't do much damage, so your scorpion should be alright climbing. That is actually really interesting! Not sure if they can get stuck like T's can in mesh, but I didn't think they'd want to climb upside down. But yeah, your scorpion looks great. As long as it eats, hides, and moves like normal, then they are healthy :D
He use to be in a smaller enclosure with a mesh lid and climbed all over it . But it was so loud it would wake me up. So I out him on this deeper critter keeper with the normal plastic ventilated lid but he still managed to get up there

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I don't let any of my Scorpion species climb upside down like that. There is plenty of distance between the substrate and the lid so they cannot reach the top. Years ago I had a P. imperator that I found upside down a couple nights in a row so I fixed that problem.

Scorpions cannot climb plastic or glass so the solution was easy enough.

Funny how it is basically the exact opposite for Tarantulas. They need more substrate since they can climb the sides anyway.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I swear I feel like that's why here climbing. To find a way out lol.....

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I don't see a good reason for it to do that but I also figure, why not do that.
My assumption at first was. He was trying to get closer to the heat lamp whenever it was on. But then he started doing it all the time all night wether it was on or off

Juliana

Arachnopeon
Mine is doing that !! I just got her yesterday and I have no clue why she's doing this.