does anybody know where i can find a careguide for a greenbottleblue

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if i ever get a third T i imagine that is what i'd get (even though i won't have room for one until i'm done with school) i was just curious if they were harder to take care of with all the webbing and what not.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmmm....well I know if you go to this link.....

http://www.petbugs.com

.....they have a pretty detailed caresheet for Greenbottles. But from personal experience they are a very easy tarantula to take care of. I've had mine for a few monthes now. She/He has a very good appetite and is an obsessive web builder. My Greenbottle has built for itself quite a bowl shaped web in its deli cup. They are a little jumpy as well behaviorally so try to make as little sudden moves or noises as you can.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
Hmmmm....well I know if you go to this link.....

http://www.petbugs.com

.....they have a pretty detailed caresheet for Greenbottles. But from personal experience they are a very easy tarantula to take care of. I've had mine for a few monthes now. She/He has a very good appetite and is an obsessive web builder. My Greenbottle has built for itself quite a bowl shaped web in its deli cup. They are a little jumpy as well behaviorally so try to make as little sudden moves or noises as you can.
"A LITTLE jumpy?" That's quite an understatement, at least when it comes to MY GBBs!! They are FAST (just like versicolor slings) and all they seem to want to do is ESCAPE at every given opportunity. Just make sure you put it in a container that isn't very shallow. You want some depth to it or you'll be making it too easy for it to escape. I have one that's been missing for 3 months now because it made a permanent escape into the cabinetry of the bathroom and I don't think it will ever reappear. On several other occasions, I've been lucky enough to corral the escapees and get them back into the containers. :)

Wysi

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the slings are escape artists or does that go for the adults too?

i was just wondering if you need to put something in the tank for them to make a web on...or if there is a way to keep them from webbing all the way to the lid so you don't destroy it evertime you have to open it. or if they will web up over their water dish and stuff like that.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by xBurntBytheSunx

i was just wondering if you need to put something in the tank for them to make a web on...or if there is a way to keep them from webbing all the way to the lid so you don't destroy it evertime you have to open it. or if they will web up over their water dish and stuff like that.
For me, it's been mostly the slings who have a penchant for escape. The only GBB I have that isn't a sling is about 3 inches. I keep her in a kritter keeper.....the kinda that has a clear flip up lid in the middle. All I have to do to feed her is to flip it up and drop the cricket in. She doesn't try to escape. In fact, she feels the unwanted vibrations and prefers to hide. She's getting to the point where I'm going to want to move her to the next size up so I'll either have to go out and buy it, or move her to one of my plastic shoeboxes. She's one of my favorite display T's so I may just go out and buy the next sized kritter keeper so I can keep her on display. She's too beautiful to hide in a not-so-clear plastic shoebox! :)

Wysi

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if i ever get a third T i imagine that is what i'd get (even though i won't have room for one until i'm done with school) i was just curious if they were harder to take care of with all the webbing and what not.
I like this greenbottle careguide
careshttp://www.arachnophiliac.com/burrow/caresheets/chromatopelma_cyaneopubescens.htm

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

They are very fast as spiderlings. Ours wasn't much of an escape artist, but she was lightning fast and ate like a champ. They grow quickly too. Ours is really calm now. She is gravid at the moment, but even before, Johnny has almost handled her and is able to touch her without any problems.

As spiderlings, they will web up whatever you give them. Just throw some sticks in there and the spider will make the most amazing and elaborate web tunnels you have ever seen. Ours did web to the lid, but not like an avic. to where it couldn't be opened. She also webs her waterdish, but we just add water over it. Actually, she prefers to drink from droplets on her web. I am not a fan of really agressive spiders in general, but I am totally comfortable with our GBB. Can you tell they are one of my favorite species?? =D Not to mention how cool it is to see them change with every molt.

-Jill

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well my little GBB sling is a quick little bugger. But she hasn't tried to escape. She roughly spends most of her time underneath her intricately constructed, bowl shaped web. I'd take a picture of it for you all but my camera is out of batteries.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
Well my little GBB sling is a quick little bugger. But she hasn't tried to escape. She roughly spends most of her time underneath her intricately constructed, bowl shaped web. I'd take a picture of it for you all but my camera is out of batteries.
So go buy some more batteries!!! Don't leave us in suspense like this! ;)

;P

Wysi