Does anybody have really spastic slings?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey I have a G. pulchripes sling thats almost 2 inches. And its always been kind of quick and would run around when I opened the lid and stuff. Well latley I've noticed that whenever I give his enclosure a tap he starts togo nuts, as if he were running, but he dosn't go anywhere. This really worries me, because it looks like a T with DKS. Does anybpdy know if slings can tend to be like this and if they have any like this, or should I be worried? I really love this little guy:8o

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey I have a G. pulchripes sling thats almost 2 inches. And its always been kind of quick and would run around when I opened the lid and stuff. Well latley I've noticed that whenever I give his enclosure a tap he starts togo nuts, as if he were running, but he dosn't go anywhere. This really worries me, because it looks like a T with DKS. Does anybpdy know if slings can tend to be like this and if they have any like this, or should I be worried? I really love this little guy:8o
Sounds like DKS to me. But dont jump to any conclusions. Could you get a video of this? If not, then look up some youtube videos about Ts with DKS and compare them to what your T is doing.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can Ts with dks act normal? Because he eats and when hes doing his eating routine hes completly normal.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will try to get it to grow as much as possible, mabey it can molt out of it. I know that if it is dks there isn't much I can do but anything is worth a try. I do keep air fresheners in the room, not anything spray just like those tubes of jel stuff, could that be bad?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Take a look at some videos of DKS. It has very pronounced symptoms. Your T would be trying to run away but its legs would be going all over the place as if it didnt know how to walk. Good luck. I hope its just a case of "why are you tapping on my Home, Stop!!!" {D

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been looking and it looked alot like dks. He tried to attack a cricket but it sprung back to life and they were both hoppin around all over the place. I'm so worried. :8o

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does it have a proper hide. If it does not have a secure place to call its own it will be very nervous and stressed.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Does it have a proper hide. If it does not have a secure place to call its own it will be very nervous and stressed.
I agree. I have some slings that when transfered into their new enclosures did the same thing. In fact my Poecilotheria striata do that almost everytime I touch their cubes. Some slings need time to settle in and without the security of a hide they get very defensive and flighty. They will even sometimes attack a cricket or roach but not kill it, which could also be a sign of a molt. I know a lot of people who have mistaken DKS for just a very nervous T. Good luck with it either way.

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Had to ask

Eeek, please can someone point me to a link, or explain DKS to me ? Tried the search function :?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Try searching dyskinetic syndrome....I think.......

yep, that worked. Not good at linking. I know it's prob very simple, just haven't taken the time to learn how to do it.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the thread is revived

I went away for a week and came home to heart ache. hes in a death curl right now and it very un responsive. This was my favorite T. it was a present and wasnt ment to be so small and they giver wanted to return it but i loved it so much. I hate this so much:(

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I went away for a week and came home to heart ache. hes in a death curl right now and it very un responsive. This was my favorite T. it was a present and wasnt ment to be so small and they giver wanted to return it but i loved it so much. I hate this so much:(
The death didnt have too much to do with the size of the T. Grammastola ara usually pretty hardy. Your T was at least a year and a half old. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Dont give up on those gentle soon to be giants. I wish you luck with your next pulchripes.