Does a scorp always eat when food is around?

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon
I've been feeding my emperor scorpion (female) every other day and when she is done with one large cricket I always throw in another one. She ends up eating both of them and sometimes leaves the legs of the crickets. I was wondering if its bad to feed my scorpion 2 large crickets every other day. She is pretty large so I'm guessing shes hungry most of the time because she always gets them when they hop by her.

Am I over-feeding my scorp?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been feeding my emperor scorpion (female) every other day and when she is done with one large cricket I always throw in another one. She ends up eating both of them and sometimes leaves the legs of the crickets. I was wondering if its bad to feed my scorpion 2 large crickets every other day. She is pretty large so I'm guessing shes hungry most of the time because she always gets them when they hop by her.

Am I over-feeding my scorp?
no and no to over-feeding :D

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They will not eat when not hungry and I do not believe the "overfeeding" story, because of this. So both No.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
NO!

Worse case scenario: You have a sub adult scorp who happened to be in pre-molt. The crickets eat her whil molting.:eek: