Docile or agressive?

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't remember anyone else asking (and if they did, and I missed it, I'm sorry), on the whole, do you find the nice, pretty, hell-on-eight-legs species to be better than the docile ones the beginers usually keep?

I bring it up because I saw a T. blondi in a shop that was prolly 2/3 its potential size, and wondered "what kind of a nut would take that beast home as a pet???" LoL No offence to blondi owners, of course. I think y'all got some grapes to keep an eight-legged tiger as a pet.

N.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a 2" and it is fairly calm. Likes to run, but not bite.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You might want to look at this older thread:
http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=648

I personally prefer more docile ones although I have my share of some of the more grumpy species nowadays. It's really going to depend on why the owner has the T. For me, it's more of an intellectual sense of satisfaction of raising the different Ts so it's not important that it "does something". OTOH, some people do hate having a fuzzy eight legged paperweight next to something that hisses and slaps every time you get near it.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
I have a 2" and it is fairly calm. Likes to run, but not bite.
This wasn't a 2" I saw...this thing's BODY was bigger than my hand. It was slightly beyond my def. of a pet...as is the gator there, and any snake that's big enough to crush your ribcage.

N.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
OTOH, some people do hate having a fuzzy eight legged paperweight next to something that hisses and slaps every time you get near it.
I'd rather not have either. A good medium is best for me!

N.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, all t's can bite, so keep that in mind. I love most all the t's out there, but my favorites are a mix between avicularia, poecilotheria, and some other african species. Personally I have many so called "aggressive" t's that aren't so aggressive, maybe defensive, but nothing to worry about. If I'm going to keep a t it's behavior does play a role, but also it's habitat, how rare it is, how hard it is to breed, it's size, and how pretty it looks. I love striking tarantulas!

-Jeremy

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem
This wasn't a 2" I saw...this thing's BODY was bigger than my hand. It was slightly beyond my def. of a pet...as is the gator there, and any snake that's big enough to crush your ribcage.

N.
Mine still a sling, oneday I hope to have monster like that one.

aracnophiliac

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a T.Blondi and she is 9" she is very docile very very i would even go as far as saying shes friendly