Do you want to guess how much?

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
My husband searches Craigslist like there's no tomorrow. It's one of his favorite things to do when he's bored. Yesterday I came home from work and he was so thrilled with what he had found.

Here's the list (all from the same person):

1 male het albino Boa 3 feet long
came with Vision Cage 211, with heat tape and lock
reastat, therm/hygrometer, 24" locking hemostats, snake hook.

1 female Orange German Giant Bearded Dragon about 9 months old
came with a 20 long tank with lid, heat lamp, Exo Terra dual bulb UVB hood,

and a Dubia colony which we just added to our current colony (you can never have too many roaches)

What's your guess at the price we paid?

Here's are two pictures of the Boa, which we've named Cash (after Johnny). Sorry the quality stinks. They were snapped quickly with my camera phone.

Don't have pictures of the beardie yet. She's sleeping :) She's going to get along great with our pair.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome finds! Well it was craiglists and you can find some cool stuff for relatively cheap so.....$225?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm guessing insanely cheap enough that we will want to stick forks in our eyes out of jealousy :D

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
$100 is what we paid. I think that's one heck of a deal. I love Craigslist because when people are moving and need to get rid of things, money isn't an issue.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Vision cage was worth $100 by itself, even more most likely. Nice find.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Craigslist is funny...you can get some really good deals there on animals, but then there are people who are clueless as to the actual value of the animals and want to get back everything they've got in it, plus turn a profit(which is clearly in violation of CL's rules on selling pets), so their so-called "re-homing" fees are insane! There is someone now on one of the local CL's who has a 9-foot albino Burmese Python, a very common animal, for a "re-homing" fee of $800.00! I can get albino Burms at any reptile show, direct from the breeder, for 175.00, for a proven adult! I see ordinary, and probably wild-caught, Ball Pythons on there all the time for like, $150.00. Even with the complete set-up it's not going to cost that much, and the snake itself is only worth around ten bucks wholesale, if that. On the flipside, though, I got a gorgeous female Boa(not sure what kind-appears to be a BCC x BCI cross)with an odd pattern and a lovely pink hue for $40.00, an adult snake, not a baby, and my male Suriname Boa was also a CL find. Both were cases where the owner just couldn't keep them any longer and needed to move them fast and wasn't interested in making money off of the snakes, certainly not even in getting back what was put into them, especially the Suri, who is a uniquely-patterned animal as well, possibly a "Jungle" morph. I just had to pass up a deal on a TAME Yellow Anaconda, which I've been wanting for a long time, because I recently fractured my knee(I can understand why "knee-capping" is a Mafia torture staple now)in a fall and can't drive, and someone else picked it up already. The owner wanted 85.00 for that snake, a young adult male, and if y'all know Anacondas, you know that just being semi-tame increases the value of one considerably!

pitbulllady

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Here is a picture of our new Orange German Giant beardie. Her name is Tallulah.

Here is a picture of our pair, Indy and Taylor. They are Chris Allen beardies. She is in the back - in shed, which is why the color on her back is off.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I recently saw a leucistic sugar glider a month or two ago for REALLLLLLLLLL cheap on craigslist (I wasn't about to go for it, I've had gliders in the past and they're not for me). I mean, adoption fee was something like $100 and if you know how much leucistic gliders are, that's insane.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dang! $100.... That is awesome! I cant find any good deals like that on my local craigslist.. All mine are trying to get what they paid and the turn a profit.. Its a sad deal..

Im serious.. I read one ad.. They had 2 normal baby beardies in a 20 gallon long & all the fixxings.. IIRC... They were askin $350... Come on! Really? Thats a little extreme.. I can order 2 beardie morphs (Cant remember the morph..) from Paul for $50 plus shipping.. I can go & spend less than $100 to get all the fixxings..

Anyways.. Congrats Toni! :)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a sweet deal. It's nice to find good deals. When we got our male BCI, we got him and his 4'x2'x2' cage, plus a 30gal in exchange for two roseas. He only wanted one rosea originally but we gave him two because of the good deal he was giving us. He knew we had snake experience and was more concerned with his snake going to a good home...it's nice to find people like that.

Then you see ads selling (like pitbulllady said) a normal ball python for like $200. I think the most ridiculous one I saw was this guy trying to sell his male GTP for $4000.

Cass