Do you think The Container Store knows we're their customers?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I've talked about gathering up some of local enthusiasts and visiting one of the local branches of The Container Store to talk about enclosures. I didn't realize it was already happening enough with individuals to catch employee attention!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

DreadKnoT

Arachnopeon
The last time I was at the container store the cashier went, "I think I've help you before....these are for something alive, aren't they?" OMG YES THEY'RE FOR TARANTULAS! hahaha the lady behind me was like WTF. We all three ended up having a nice discussion and I totally whipped my phone out and showed them pictures like "that mom". I loved that they both loved what I was doing with them lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Never thought about doing that :rofl:
See below

I've talked about gathering up some of local enthusiasts and visiting one of the local branches of The Container Store to talk about enclosures. I didn't realize it was already happening enough with individuals to catch employee attention!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

I did one better than TCS, as they are only a distributor, need to go to the source.

I called AMAC up over 5 yrs ago, and spoke to the product manager.

They are well aware of exotic pet owners, including T owners, using their boxes for homes.

They have a few ideas to make their own, but it’s not a priority for them currently.

But with the right motivation, ie quantity of boxes, they might move on it faster.

He and I talked about all sorts of things from design, branding and distribution.

They were going to do a deal with a major T dealer but that fell through as the T dealer didn’t really move on it according to him.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
See below

I did one better than TCS, as they are only a distributor, need to go to the source.

I called AMAC up over 5 yrs ago, and spoke to the product manager.

They are well aware of exotic pet owners, including T owners, using their boxes for homes.

They have a few ideas to make their own, but it’s not a priority for them currently.

But with the right motivation, ie quantity of boxes, they might move on it faster.

He and I talked about all sorts of things from design, branding and distribution.

They were going to do a deal with a major T dealer but that fell through as the T dealer didn’t really move on it according to him.
Well that’s sounds like an interesting conversation!! Who knows maybe I’ll send an email or leave a few reviews to add a little more motivation!!

that’s be cool if they did do anything officially connected to the hobby. Who knows maybe one day!!

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I now use old deli cups or jelly bean jars. People are scared of the animals so people regret asking me why I wash and save my containers after I buy tacos. Amac should make branded tarantula and invert tanks. But if they do this, they would be super expensive just like all the other tarantula tanks that are pre made.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well that’s sounds like an interesting conversation!! Who knows maybe I’ll send an email or leave a few reviews to add a little more motivation!!

that’s be cool if they did do anything officially connected to the hobby. Who knows maybe one day!!
Reviews by themselves don’t do too much at distributor sites, esp if they are positive.

Go to the source as I did. Someone could see this through if they have the time. I didn’t have the time.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
They still know for sure, just stopped by there after dopping something off at work for my gf since it was only 5 minutes further away, about 20min ago. Picked up a deep heel shoe box to upgrade some Cubaris sp. "Pak Chong" after downgrading into a different temporary box because of some predatory mites.
Grabbed one box, the cashier grinning, and say "Is this for your spider?" I said well for a different 'insect" and then he proceeded to show me why they are so good for arthropods to the already predrilled holes for ventilation haha I mean not only did he know basically what I was going to use them for but also the benefits of the 11.99 acrylic box as it relates to the hobby and ventilation :rofl:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I'm telling you guys.....preserve your molts and make a necklace with them. Then wear it when you go in that store....TAAADAAA....no more questions asked.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I'm telling you guys.....preserve your molts and make a necklace with them. Then wear it when you go in that store....TAAADAAA....no more questions asked.
I rather enjoy it though having communication with random pubblic is always interesting!!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I rather enjoy it though having communication with random pubblic is always interesting!!
I have not found it worthwhile talking to non-invertebrate keepers. Even though a very few seemed kind of interested they already formed their opinion on me.

I prefer only talking to T keepers or random animal lovers in pet stores if they are social.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I have not found it worthwhile talking to non-invertebrate keepers. Even though a very few seemed kind of interested they already formed their opinion on me.

I prefer only talking to T keepers or random animal lovers in pet stores if they are social.
Worthwhile...Not tangibly in meaningful way....Hilarious seeing reactions and their impressions....Enjoyable

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like employees at stores in other parts of the country than where I am are a lot more friendly.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have been a few times, but peeps here don’t care to chop it up much. But probably for the best, the store I go to is a ways away and two stories. By the time I am done roaming the store I have to use the bathroom (I drink a lot of liquids) and don’t have time to small talk…ring it and bag it before you need cleanup at the checkout.