Do you name your T's?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
No. But my girlfriend does/has named them all. I’ve also caught her in the T room singing to them as well.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I name all of my critters, including my tarantulas!

T. violaceus: Ichabod
T. stirmi: Priscilla
B. auratum: Xochitl
B. hamorii: Binx
Cyriopagopus sp. hati hati: Ursula
P. cambridgei: Crawlspace
P. murinus: Moto (means fire in Swahili)
P. regalis: Sterling
C. cyanopubescens: Lapis Lazuli
G. porteri: Anastasia
G. pulchripes: Graham
C. versicolor: Nebula
S. calceatum: Jumanji
A. juruensis M2: Merlin
L. klugi: Verdugo
C. huahini: Ziplock
T. albopilosus: Grizzly
A. seemani: Dampé
N. coloratovillosus: Lucille
A. chalcodes: Maricopa
P. auratus: Carmen

Amblypygid: Phrynus whitei (Nicaragua): Stiletto
Scorpion: Heterometrus petersii: Shadowfax

I have a Poecilotheria miranda that will be on her way soon, and I'm thinking of naming her Belladonna.

RevS

Arachnopeon
I only name them after they're sexed. I've been falling behind because I'm atrociously bad with this.

C.cyaneopubescens: Typhoon
P.cambridgei: Bertha
H.pulchripes: Gilgamesh

I'll also name one of my females "Mio" after the Black Spider of Calamity.
But I'm waiting to find out if my L. klugi is female. if not the name will be given to my T.vagans.

One spider I didn't name so far is Phormictopus Sp. "green (gold carapace)" but it's mostly due to lack of ideas.

Remaining spiders are too small to tell what they are.

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
I just stick to latin names. I'll just end up forgetting their names if i did name them. :rofl:

Conor10

Arachnoknight
I name all mine too, my obt sling’s name is OBIE THE MONSTER. It suits that little speedy Gonzales pretty well.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Does calling them little dummy count? 🤣

Only 3 I named. Male T. vagans named Boris after I listened to the song called 'Boris The Spider' by The Who.

My suspect female mystery T as it's true species wasn't correctly identified named Corona. She was in her sealed burrow for 2 months and when she emerged we were in the first week of the pandemic last year. I thought the name fit.

My first T a T. albopilosus I named Hope. As an arachnophobe I named it that as in I hope it doesn't bite me, I hope it doesn't escape etc. etc. But the real meaning of the name really means a new beginning after losing my younger brother. Not something I want to dive into.

I don't name my T's after that I don't see a point. My last purchase of the 3 inch female A. chalcodes the woman I bought it from named it Cookie. I kept the name as the color looks like a Christmas sugar cookie. Plus she is super sweet like a Cookie.

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't think I've ever named any of my tarantulas.

bobbibink

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A.chalcodes— Roz
G. rosea—Tilda
T. vagans—Frida
B. emilia—bindi
G. pulchra—Raven
C.leetzi —dot
D. pentaloris—piccolo
H.sp.columbia—pip
H.pulchripes—Boone
L.parahybana— Sal
A. geniculata—sparky
P.cambridgei —Lolita

No names yet for other slings 🙂

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Do you stay with a theme or is it just next name in a gender book? That seems taxing for the dummies like me.
I give most of them gender neutral names unless I know what their sex is and I'm having some sort of feeling.

Originally, there was a theme (title, food) and I loosely stick with that, but today I named five more:
Theodora Pudding Pop
Chancellor Cheeseburger
Chicken Nugget of McDonaldia
Panzer Lunchbox
Commissioner Crab Rangoon Möthër

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I name a few of them. They have to earn one.

Cirilla, Roach, Doobie, Uma Thurman, Bernie (RIP)

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
I name my Ts/spiders when I figure out the sex. For a while I was doing deity names, and have recently switched to also doing "old" names.

K.brunnipes - Turanna
D.diamantinensis - Ostara
A.chalcodes - Sekhmet
P.pulcher - Gwendolyn (or just "Gwen")
I also have a Hapalopus sp.Colombia that I unoriginally named Pumpkin, and two T.albopilosus slings that are just currently referred to as "Fuzzy" and "Fuzzier fuzzy" (Honduras and Nicaragua).

And my husband's male G.pulchra is named BB, and his Eresus walckenaeri is named Oliva because she looks like a leggy black olive.

Especially The Wizard

Arachnopeon
It's easy for me to say yes, given that I only have one(for now).

I technically named my C. Versicolor girl Quetzalli, because her colors reminded me of the quetzal bird, but I rarely use her name. She's usually 'my lady' or 'microscopic majesty' or, most accurately, 'Speedy Gonzales.'

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
It's easy for me to say yes, given that I only have one(for now).

I technically named my C. Versicolor girl Quetzalli, because her colors reminded me of the quetzal bird, but I rarely use her name. She's usually 'my lady' or 'microscopic majesty' or, most accurately, 'Speedy Gonzales.'
Speedy Gonzales is a dude...