Do you name your T's?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Just wondering how many of you guys name the T's in your collection? I only have three, so it's pretty simple to remember! (Jingles, coco and sparkle) but i bet it's difficult if you have lots and lots of them. Would love to see some pictures and names of the ones you have if you do name them ☺ here is my juvie B. Hamorii, sparkle to start

Attachments

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ha gotta give them a name. Mine are Dani. Save, Gobble and my latest Vegan

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We do have a thread like this somewhere, but hey I'll play along since I do have something neat to add.

B. boehmei - Fluffy
B. hamorii - Ginger
G. porteri - Maggie
T. albopilosus - Munchkin

If I ever end up getting a G. pulchra, I'll name him/her "Nightcrawler", after a song from the Judas Priest album Painkiller.

With lyrics like these, makes sense the name could go to a G. pulchra... or any other all-black T.

"Straight out of hell
One of a kind
Stalking his victim
Don't look behind you
Nightcrawler

Beware the beast in black
Nightcrawler
You know he's coming back
Night Crawler"

:D

sk063

Arachnopeon
"If I ever end up getting a G. pulchra, I'll name him/her "Nightcrawler", after a song from the Judas Priest album Painkiller."

Might have to steal this idea!

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I had a hissing roach named cocky when I was a kid, never named another bug after that lol

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Heck yes. It's fun for me, it helps visitors who are uncomfortable with tarantulas feel a little less so, and it helps differentiate different specimens of the same species in a way that's less boring/robotic than saying 'P. auratus #1 and #2.'

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Naming your T's? Never heard of something like that. Things are changing, probably the Four Horsemen time is at hand :pompous:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I should finish naming mine, I don't know why there are a bunch I still haven't named. Names I choose are pretty random like Echo, Puppy, Aqua, Mist, and Bottlecap.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
The ts are technically mine but my husband has become interested in them also. However, he is not going to devote any brain cells to remembering the Latin names, hence more individuals names are given.
B. hamorii - Dulcinea
B. boehmei - Beboe
T. albo - Aida
A. minatrix - Trixie (that is a lazy brainer there - I may have to work on that one)
A. seemannii - Angel
A. chalcodes - Odessa
B. albiceps - Desdemona

I have pointed out to my husband that if he can remember "Dulcinea" and "Desdemona," he can remember "chalcodes" and "hamorii" but he insists it is totally different!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
yes, most of the females are named after heroic historical women. Some have nicknames as well. My AF A chalcodes, Lennox's nickname is Chonk.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I have 9 Ts, all have names, all have labels with the scientific name of the genus, common name of the genus, and their name. I made the labels because my mom was complaining that she can't tell them apart. So there are:
MM T. albo - Gryffindor
Adult Female L. parahybana - Pandemic
Juvie Female B. hamorii - Jadowitusia (a play on words, a mix of a female name and "venom" in Polish)
Unsexed juvies:
P. cambridgei - Tiger
P. cambridgei - Olive (Olive is female in Polish and I suspect it's a boy, so probably will be renamed)
N. chromatus - Ostrich
C. elegans - Mr. Hearty
N. incei - Trzewiopij (it means 'viscera sucker')
N. incei - Voldemorta