Do you look like a spider person???

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
So I was at work and one of my customers found out I had tarantulas.
I am a manager at a major furniture store.
at the time I really didn't think about it.
But what does a spider person look like.

I'm a 50+ clean cut male ,,, and I'm a spider person ...

How about you?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
5' 10" tall, 14 years old, skinny 1.0, Asian with oddly bulging veins, has a very slightly emo haircut, enjoys wearing skinny jeans (too hot for that now), has been told that my jawline is sharp

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
57, 5'11" big overstuffed Teddy Bear, long biker goatee, short crew cut, gray hair, soon to be Grandpa (couple of weeks). Started keeping at 17 in 1976-77

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
People generally don't think I look like a spider person - but that's only because I wear loose clothing to conceal the extra limbs and comb my hair over my lateral eyes. :D

Actually, people think I look altogether "normal" - whatever that is. I'm in my late 40's with the ubiquitous "mom ponytail" and could stand to drop a couple of pounds. I'm not one of the fancy moms with flawless makeup, cute sweater sets, and matching designer shoes and handbags - I'm more on the casual, tomboyish side. I rarely wear makeup and typically dress in jeans or shorts (depending on the weather) and t-shirts, usually with some sort of cool (or at least nerdy/geeky) design on the front, though I do wear "grown up" clothes when the occasion demands it. While people don't necessarily think that I look like a spider person, it doesn't come as all that much of a surprise, either.

Last edited:

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
27 Years old. 6'0 180lbs, dirty blonde crew cut. Grey bloodshot eyes. Salt pepper mustache and goatee. Strong jawline and lots of tattoos...

Yep. Spider guy!

Maybe I should grow my dreadlocks back out and house an H maculata...hm...its gon be fun.

sasker

Arachnoprince
When I go to reptile shows/fairs, the people I see can be roughly devided into two groups: tattoo-covered guys/girls wearing t-shirts with their favourite metal bands and inconspicuous biology enthusiasts (standard nerds!). I am no fan of heavy metal, so...:embarrassed:

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I've just been meaning to create this thread with a poll to see what music are all of you into :D I've noticed that most of the people (including myself) who keep reptiles and spiders are metalheads/rockers haha :)

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I'm 5'0 90lbs , short blue hair, blue or green eyes and I listen to all kinds of music including metal lol. Yep spider woman.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've just been meaning to create this thread with a poll to see what music are all of you into :D I've noticed that most of the people (including myself) who keep reptiles and spiders are metalheads/rockers haha :)
And then there are those of us that like Barry Manilow and show tunes...

Ok, so I just like music of all sorts. My tastes range from the aforementioned Manilow and show tunes to classical, jazz, swing/big band, disco, country western, alternative, punk, top 40, classic rock - and of course, as a child of the 80's, I love "hair band" metal!

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
And then there are those of us that like Barry Manilow and show tunes...

Ok, so I just like music of all sorts. My tastes range from the aforementioned Manilow and show tunes to classical, jazz, swing/big band, disco, country western, alternative, punk, top 40, classic rock - and of course, as a child of the 80's, I love "hair band" metal!
Yep, Hair is also my favourite :p Not a child of the 80s tho :p

boina

Lady of the mites
I'm a 5'3" chubby 50+ woman with usually short grey hair who listens to heavy metal and wears jeans and shirt. No tattoos, though, therefore I must be your average nerd. Still, people are surprised when they hear I keep spiders.

On the other hand I've been keeping my snakes (Boas) in my office (in a medical company, research department) for years now and my boss likes to show them off to every visitor who stops by, often Big Pharma people. My collegue was at a meeting lately with people from all over Germany and when she said where she worked at, the reaction was: 'Oh, so you are from that snake company!' Guess my snakes are famous all over Germany by now, at least in med/pharma circles :p. Those people are not surprised when they hear I've spiders, too ;).

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Like the post! Seems we come in all varieties. Most people are not surprised I keep spiders I guess, now that I think of it. I'm 32yo woman 5'5' and a bit boney with very long hair, living with boys and cats as well. Oh, and I mostly like to be left alone as I go about my day :) Except I do enjoy my family's company

Xafron

Arachnosquire
I've been told I look like a spider person even before I bought one. Not sure why...here's a pic if that helps.

<pic removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
When I go to reptile shows/fairs, the people I see can be roughly devided into two groups: tattoo-covered guys/girls wearing t-shirts with their favourite metal bands and inconspicuous biology enthusiasts (standard nerds!).
That's me, the pale woman with glasses and no tattoos. I'm 35. I dress casually/practically for comfort and seldom wear makeup.

My favorite genres of music are electronic (deadmau5 being my favorite), but I listen to a wide variety of music. I'm not really into heavy metal (unless sufficiently melodic), but I like other genres of rock.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't think I'm the stereotypical spider keeper or at least not the British one, I'm 6 4" short blonde hair with blue eyes clean shaven I do have tattoos and I listen to all kinds of music including heavy metal, punk, indie etc.

AshS

Arachnosquire
Nearly 28 5'8" male from the UK, blue eyes, short blond hair, clean shaven A few tattoos that can be hidden. Married with 2 kids, Listen to all kinds of music.

I am still a spider person!

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I've been told I look like a spider person even before I bought one. Not sure why...here's a pic if that helps.
I knew he would make an appearance when I started this thread .....;)

It just shows how wrong stereotypes are. The eight legged weirdos come from all walks of life