Do you have interesting, funny, beautiful, or dramaticphotos? Post them here

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you guys have any photos that you have personally taken that you think have a lot of emotion/drama, or are interesting, unique, funny or beautiful. You know those once in a lifetime type moments caught on film or digital camera. If so post them here.

I love photography so I thought it would be cool to see all your pics. I'll have to find some pics of mine that I think are cool and put on here.

Last edited:

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As much as I hate to hit you with a link, I'll have to. The photos I take are posted at a fairly high resolution, and it would just bog down this thread otherwise. Check out the link in my signature :)

Most of the pictures are of my various animals, but not all of them.

I still haven't gotten around to putting up the pictures I took when I went to germany :8o

Last edited:

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Me taking a non-eternal rest at a California Central Coast cemetary.

Last edited:

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here is a cool pic of an orangutan i took. Looks like a philosopher with her hand.

here are some of my favorite whale shots that i have taken that are cute or beautiful

and here are some pics i just simply like like

TimV

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks, I run about 100 hives on the Central Coast of California. The one you like is an experiment; a native bee that an Almond grower tried to keep from having to import honey bees. They didn't work out, so the last couple years I've been doing his pollination. It's a one day a week hobby/sideline that I've done for 25 years.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
One of the pics from my trip to the wild safari. It was interesting to say the least.:clap:

Attachments

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are there reports of colonized african bees in your county yet?

Those pics of your son and daughter in the swarm... no stings at all as a result, or were those doctored?

TimV said:
Thanks, I run about 100 hives on the Central Coast of California. The one you like is an experiment; a native bee that an Almond grower tried to keep from having to import honey bees. They didn't work out, so the last couple years I've been doing his pollination. It's a one day a week hobby/sideline that I've done for 25 years.

DavidRS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TimV said:
I just drove up the coast and I noticed what I think were hives between San Luis Obispo and San Simeon. Were those yours?

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here are a couple of pics of a "smoking device" that me and my old roommates made. the first pic made it onto consumptionjunction.com. that thing had to weigh 50lbs and worked very well. that was a real bomb at one time as well.

i really miss living in that house.

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
These are of my husband and our daughter when she was about 1 1/2 years old. Living in Alaska, we don't have beaches with sand, but I loved the way the silt held their footprints and how the sun was shining behind them.

Attachments

TimV

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are there reports of colonized african bees in your county yet?

Those pics of your son and daughter in the swarm... no stings at all as a result, or were those doctored?
Sheri my kids grew up with it for me, and they indulge me in taking weird pictures of them with the bees. Yes, there are killer bees in San Luis, I'm the one who found the first hive. But I lived in South Africa for 9 years and pretty much know how to handle them, so I'm not particularly worried, although they do make things more difficult.

David, those bees are building up population on the eucalyptus tree blossoms so they can be strong for late January. They then are taken up to the Almond growers, who pay 140 dollars per hive just to sit them on the ground for a month. There is a massive shortage of bees right now, so a commercial beekeeper with, say, 5000 hives can have over a half million dollars pure profit in the bank by the second week in March. Then they can get 50 dollars each for another couple crops later in the year. I'm not building up, though, because with my luck as soon as I got to a couple thousand hives the price would go down again.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you all have some interesting pictures there, I still have to find a pic of mine that I want to post

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful! And that tree trunk in your last one is amazing!

goddess

Arachnopeon
Venom said:
Beautiful! And that tree trunk in your last one is amazing!
It's a Painted Gum (Eucalyptus deglupta). I think it's native to Papua New Guinea

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah those are beautiful pics,
are those taken on the Hana road?

goddess

Arachnopeon
-palau- said:
yeah those are beautiful pics,
are those taken on the Hana road?
Yup, all of them are on the Road to Hana. The tree is at a little Botanical garden along the way. Makes me want to go back. It's cold here.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah Maui is a beautiful place, I went there with my family a few years ago. It was such a great vacation.
Did you go to lahaina too or just to Maui?