What species would you want to keep?

IronMaiden

Arachnopeon
If it was outlawed to own more than one Tarantula what species would you keep? I would go with the GBB. Looks great and they have amazing feeding responses and they decorate their enclosures!

The Aphonopelma Seemanni would be a close second. I've only been keeping a year and change though... I wonder what Tarantula will be the most popular on the boards...

jackii33

Arachnopeon
I’d definitely choose my Aphonopelma chalcodes, personally love the coloration and gentleness, but I’ve always had a soft spot for Avics so they’d be a close second

IronMaiden

Arachnopeon
Nice. I used too live in their native range but I don't own that species. I want one though. I heard the Aphonopelma Chalcodes is one of the most docile species of Tarantula. My Seemanni was pretty docile at first but now she's skittish and aggressive.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I only have a favorite genus: Psalmopoeus, closely followed by Tapinauchenius!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
My Honduran T. albopilosus

She is my first tarantula, so that would obviously be my choice.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma hamorii. I get everything I want out of a tarantula : Relatively gentle disposition, strong appetite, nice contrast of colours, always out on display and potential for a very long lifespan with females. If it were my only one, I would honestly have nothing to complain about.

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
Man that's a tough choice. If it could be just ONE, I suppose it would have to be B. emilia. Average size, docile temperament, beautiful coloration, LONG life span (esp. females), good appetite without eating you out of house and home. Never actually owned one before lol.

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
If I could keep just one, it would probably be harpactira pulchripes. That has been my favorite species thus far. I love the coloring and mine has been out enough to see it regularly.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I can't just pick 1 favorite. However I can narrow it down between 2. My P. cambridgei, and my G. porteri. Crawlspace, my P. cambridgei, is a really impressive tarantula. Large, beautiful olive-green, and always out on full display. And has a fierce, cantankerous temperament. Fearlessly goes after prey, even as a sling/ young juvie she would easily take down prey her size with no hesitation. Extremely food motivated and defensive. Webs a lot, and is a fascinating spider to watch. The fluffiness of her legs adds a big element of cuteness :) . The G. porteri (Anastasia) is also always out on display and is surprisingly active for a Grammostola species. She strikes me as being really sweet, fluffy, and cute, and her metallic pink carapace is gorgeous. She's also an impressive size....nearly 6in DLS. Also very food motivated. I have yet to see her refuse a meal.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Psalmopoeus is my favorite genus (so far), and out of the genus I have to say it would be between cambridgei and pulcher. I think the pulcher is underrated.