DO you handle your...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I handle mine...carefully.

I find they are nervous in their own turf, but once outside the tank they calm down. Definitely handleable with care.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You should make more video and picture and post them on forum to show everybady you can do it :eek:
i will

now cedrik, i am trying to be understanding. i realize you honestly believe that you do things perfectly and think everyone must agree with you... but i am losing patience for your handicap.

do you really want to tangle in my own language? you seem to have done rather poorly in the past ;)

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I definitivly am far to be perfect, but I dont like the way you do your things, these are just my opinion ... Dont post your things on public forum if you want no opinion my friend.

I'll never agree and understand the way you think, and we're not in the hobby for the same reason either. I told you on PM :

"We should avoid talking to each other"

but you just replyed an attack to me, so I wont hesitate to say what I think of your picture and tanks when I see them.

EDIT : Just wondering what i've done poorly in the past ? ;) Maybe You will tell me something I can change.

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What I did wrong in the past folk ? Dont be so vague, you start something finish it lol. I would like to know it so I can possibly change it.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, at first you were all bitchy towards just about anyone with handling pics... then you posted a bunch of pics of you handling stuff... now your back to all bitchy?

it wouldn't be nearly as annoying if you stuck to one school of thought and were not so damned vocal about the other schools of thought

now, here this person has made a thread asking about handling GBB and you've gone and polluted it.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't handle my Ts and i don't reccomend doing so. but it's your choice and i can't actually do anything to stop you.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And as you can see, I removed all my handling pic from every forum. I've nothing at all against handling, I continu handling myself, I even think that handling some species can be benefict for the keeper, but the problems come when you take picture and proudly show them to everybady, THATS the problem. You handle ? thats good, keep that for yourself. Before I post my videos and picture, there was'nt a lot of people handling, but 3 weeks after, i've seen bunch of newbies that CLEARLY had no idea what they were doing, very proud to show themself with a Pterinochilus on their hand ... even on a picture we could see they were'nt controling at all the situation! They had no idea what they were doing, THATS the problem. You will say : Yeah well, I wont control what people do with their Ts, yeah your right, but at least dont give them the idea to do it!

I repeat, you handle, fine, keep that for yourself and stop trying to prove something.

At least, I understood that a lot faster then you did, i was tired to look like people like you, who just want to prove something or I dont really know the reason. Me and you dont seem to be handling for the same reason. I was handling, ONLY for having a perfect control on how I am dealing with them and having a better knowledge on their behavior, and for that, I realised that I did'nt need to take picture and show them to everybady!

So, thats all you found I did wrong in the past ? ... why did'nt you just agree when I told you on PM " We should avoid talking to each other" instead of throwing an attack to me? And after that, you really think Im going to hold myself when i've something to tell you? It would have avoid a lot of thing my friend by saying OK... Me and you will never agree on anything

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And as you can see, I removed all my handling pic from every forum. I've nothing at all against handling, I continu handling myself, I even think that handling some species can be benefict for the keeper, but the problems come when you take picture and proudly show them to everybady, THATS the problem. You handle ? thats good, keep that for yourself. Before I post my videos and picture, there was'nt a lot of people handling, but 3 weeks after, i've seen bunch of newbies that CLEARLY had no idea what they were doing, very proud to show themself with a Pterinochilus on their hand ... even on a picture we could see they were'nt controling at all the situation! They had no idea what they were doing, THATS the problem. You will say : Yeah well, I wont control what people do with their Ts, yeah your right, but at least dont give them the idea to do it!

I repeat, you handle, fine, keep that for yourself and stop trying to prove something.

At least, I understood that a lot faster then you did, i was tired to look like people like you, who just want to prove something or I dont really know the reason. Me and you dont seem to be handling for the same reason. I was handling, ONLY for having a perfect control on how I am dealing with them and having a better knowledge on their behavior, and for that, I realised that I did'nt need to take picture and show them to everybady!

So, thats all you found I did wrong in the past ? ... why did'nt you just agree when I told you on PM " We should avoid talking to each other" instead of throwing an attack to me? And after that, you really think Im going to hold myself when i've something to tell you? It would have avoid a lot of thing my friend by saying OK... Me and you will never agree on anything
good lord there are some crazy conclusions in there!

so... you are saying... you single handedly are responsible for an increase in the percentage of people who handle? look up delusions of grandeur... i'm certainly not saying you have them... i'm just saying it might benefit you to look it up ;)

so next you are saying that these are people who would have never ever thought of handlign somehthing, except for the fact that they saw someone else do it? while i do agree most people are sheep and just follow the rest of the flock, i still think that they have at least slightly more intelligence than emulating everything they see... ON THE INTERNET... but then again, hey, if they really are stupid enough to get hurt trying something they saw on the internet then i am glad. they are stupid and deserve all the bad things that happen to them, and more ;)

and now your post seems to indicate you have some sort of mind reading ability? you actually *know* why i handle? that's fantastic... such a condition seems to often accompany those who speak french as their primary language. interesting.

your PM was in response to me telling you that based on your "i do things the only correct way" post you don't have a good grounding in science... that's still a judgement i stand by, chum. people who PM me with something that basically reduces to "i can't defend my rediculous position logically, so could you just ignore me" are generally not going to meet with much sympathy from me ;)

now, to spare your poor mind reading abilities i will explicitly say why i handle things:
1) it is fun
2) there is a rediculous misconception about many many species out there that they are aggressive. my pics demonstrate that those species are maligned by people with poor grasp of animal behaviour or the english language. i aim to fix that ;)
3) i have repeatedly seen people dissuaded from getting this or that species due to being untractable in the extreme and only for "advanced keepers". pics and vids of these "monstrous" species plodding around on my hands is a lot more elegant counter argument than words
4) i have a desire to introduce invert-keeping to the wider world. unfortunately most of the wider world seems to be piss scared of our little friends. seeing pics and vids of me playing with all my bugs just might convince someone that all those bugs aren't quite so bad... and maybe even a little interesting. if i can get one new person into the hobby for every 1000 that see my youtubes or photobuckets then i consider that a great achievement.
5) i am a wild catcher... i hand catch all the inverts i catch... being able to handle anything without panicking is of use to me.
6) i expect there are more reasons i could quantify but i am on my lunch break and need to go talk to some pretty ladies

lol, i agree with you, we will never agree on anything hehehehe

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
so... you are saying... you single handedly are responsible for an increase in the percentage of people who handle?
Yes, this is what im saying, i,ve sene over 4 newbie trying to follow my example in the next weeks, something that had not been seen before I send my videos. YES, the pourcentage of African, Asian, or watever the group, handling % has incresed.

so next you are saying that these are people who would have never ever thought of handlign somehthing, except for the fact that they saw someone else do it?
Looks like it pushed them to do it, because they seemed to be thinking about it without doing it before, but by seeing the video they tought : hey me to!

while i do agree most people are sheep and just follow the rest of the flock, i still think that they have at least slightly more intelligence than emulating everything they see... ON THE INTERNET... but then again, hey, if they really are stupid enough to get hurt trying something they saw on the internet then i am glad. they are stupid and deserve all the bad things that happen to them, and more ;)
Got to agree with you on that, but hey, you understood my point.

and now your post seems to indicate you have some sort of mind reading ability?
When you do ALL YOU CAN to show people you are handling, like putting it in your signature, yes, some conclusion come into my french head Heh! You are always there to remember people you are handling. "HEY REMEMBER, I HANDLE ALL MY TS!!"

you actually *know* why i handle? that's fantastic... such a condition seems to often accompany those who speak french as their primary language. interesting.
Im not sure why you are saying that heh.

your PM was in response to me telling you that based on your "i do things the only correct way"
Not at all, in that situation, I was saying I was doing thing better then the people who were replying on this post, people who keep bone dry. Yes, in this case, im convainked im doing things better then these people, So I told them because they were keep saying that it was the perfect way. This said, im not going to waste anymore my time in any of these post.

post you don't have a good grounding in science... that's still a judgement i stand by, chum. people who PM me with something that basically reduces to "i can't defend my rediculous position logically, so could you just ignore me" are generally not going to meet with much sympathy from me ;)
You keep saying you are a scientifique of the hobby ... What a serious scientifique man, you handle, you keep bone dry, i've seen your "spider room", its horrible man ... not a very serious scientifique if you want my opinion. Why are you in the hobby man ? Breed and sell or what ? Money money money, bling bling bling ?

Stop bothering me saying I dont know my things man, In the African section, im far in front of a lot of people. I dont consider you, and never seen anybady did, very experienced in a group of Ts.

The basic reason why I sended you a PM, is because we were going to ruin and Lock probably the only good humidity debate we've seen in ages, even if, personally, I did'nt have any intention to convaink ANYBADY as I did often in the past, and it result in nothing. So, no, in this post I was'nt scientifique at all, why be ? Waste of time.

2) there is a rediculous misconception about many many species out there that they are aggressive. my pics demonstrate that those species are maligned by people with poor grasp of animal behaviour or the english language. i aim to fix that ;)
I got to agree on that, people over estimate the behavior of these species. This said, a lot of people are far to be confortable with some species, even after years in the hobby, even after having deal with them a lot of time, they just dont have the control me and you can have.

3) i have repeatedly seen people dissuaded from getting this or that species due to being untractable in the extreme and only for "advanced keepers". pics and vids of these "monstrous" species plodding around on my hands is a lot more elegant counter argument than words
This my friend, depend on how confortable you are with these species. Some people been 15 years in the hobby and really cannot keep these species, they never get used to their behavior. If a newbie see your video, and try to handle a "nervous species" without knowing the basic rules, BECAUSE THERES RULES IN HANDLING, it might very well end bad for him.

4) i have a desire to introduce invert-keeping to the wider world. unfortunately most of the wider world seems to be piss scared of our little friends. seeing pics and vids of me playing with all my bugs just might convince someone that all those bugs aren't quite so bad... and maybe even a little interesting.
Little interesting ? What fascinate you in these species, their reputation or the spider itself ?

if i can get one new person into the hobby for every 1000 that see my youtubes or photobuckets then i consider that a great achievement.
yeah, someone that will come in the hobby only for handling, good idea my friend, he will have no love or interess for the animal itself, he will buy a spider to handle a big hairy tarantula in front of its friends.

5) i am a wild catcher... i hand catch all the inverts i catch... being able to handle anything without panicking is of use to me.
Yes, thats something that is not given to anybady, so someone without experience can give a try and things can go bad very quickly.

6) i expect there are more reasons i could quantify but i am on my lunch break and need to go talk to some pretty ladies
Ohh, you should show them your handling video they will be impressed {D

lol, i agree with you, we will never agree on anything heheheh
Exactly, so why continuing ruining post like we are doing, this was the reason of my PM, not because I cannot defend my ideas fellow. Also, as you stated before, i am french, its very hard for me to have a good debate in english

Last edited:

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You know it's pretty pathetic that one person on here asks if anyone has held a certain sp of T and two people get on here and basically blow this thread out of proportion....take your discussion in private you two...there is no need for this at all. Arachnoboards is a place to share your knowledge and help people out...not a bashing session for all to see.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You know it's pretty pathetic that one person on here asks if anyone has held a certain sp of T and two people get on here and basically blow this thread out of proportion....take your discussion in private you two...there is no need for this at all. Arachnoboards is a place to share your knowledge and help people out...not a bashing session for all to see.
Ditto, please.