Do you ever forget about a species and then remember and get all excited?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
As of right now, my wish list for tarantulas is pretty small, just the A. geniculata and the GBB. If I were given the chance for others I'd take it, but those are the only two that I plan on getting for sure. Yesterday I was trying to come up with something else, thinking that I would love something like a B. albopilosum, or a G. pulchra, but hmmm...
Then it hit me. I forgot all about the B. boehmei! Instantly I was really excited about that. I remember the first time I actually saw one was in a feeding video and I was like "whoah!" Dang, I really want to get one of those. Those red legs and the black abdomen and femurs are absolutely spectacular. Does that ever happen to you guys? You forget about a species for awhile and then you remember it and you instantly can't wait to get one?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The boehmei is stunning, but I hear they tend to be the hair kickers of legend. My sling hasn't done it yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything about its adult behavior.

To answer the question, I'm just too methodical to forget about something I really want. I have a list, and it's short...only 5 species: G. pulchra, G. iherengi, D. pentaloris, B. auratum, and the Nicaraguan B. albopilosum (white setae.)

I can see if you have like 20+ species that you want to get, it would be hard to remember all of them and what you describe could easily happen.

sasker

Arachnoprince
I have limited space in my apartment so every purchase must be considered very thoroughly. I do notice that I become very excited about one spider, then find an even more exciting one to do tons of research about and then to turn back to the spider I liked very much in the first place. It would be nice if I could go on a sling-buying spree and buy any tarantula I like if only I had the space. I live in Europe, so money is not so much a problem either (these prices in the US are insane!). However, the research part and the anticipation before receiving a super-desired species is also a great aspect of keeping tarantulas, isn't it?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
It always happens with G. pulchra, once a Euathlus Sp. pops up for sale I tend to forget about everything else, but then I realize more G. pulchra are popping up, then I remember I've been after one for a while. Same with E. campestratus.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
No. If it's really that good, I wouldn't have forgotten it.

I'm steering clear of boehmei as I heard there's a lot of crossbreeding with them and baumgarteni.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Nope. Though sometimes I wish I could forget my dream-list: L violaceopes and a classic B smithi (renamed homorii???). And I want them both as sub-adult females.

One day they shall be mine.... :smug:

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
I haven't forgotten about any species that I've wanted...but then again I've made a list lol. As of now I'm waiting for the several slings I have to get bigger before I downsize to make room for new inventory ^_^ I have genics so if you're still looking by the time these molt 4 more times, I'll sell you one or two :p

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I do sometimes forget. I have a wish list, but I won't be able to check any Ts off that list for a while. With that being the case, it is easier to momentarily forget than to dwell on my unattainable desires. Haha.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I never forget. I just tend to not have heard of a particular tarantula before and then "discover" it. My knowledge of tarantula species is very slim.