Do you dream about your spiders?

mouldylemons

Arachnopeon
A lot of my dreams have my tarantulas in them and sometimes are the main theme such as buying more, some escaping, showing people my collection, etc.

I was just curious as to how often everyone else dreams about their spiders :D

flyguycolorado

Arachnopeon
I Did when all things that had 8 legs scared me. But now I find myself waking up in the middle of the night to check on them. :/

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
yes i do. usally somthing bad and i run 2 go check on em. even had one where i was riding on there back

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes i do. usally somthing bad and i run 2 go check on em. even had one where i was riding on there back
My friends and I have thought of that before. They say they can imagin me arriving places on the back of a giant spider like it was a horse. And I can imagin it too! Sounds like fun!

I remember once having a bad dream about a spiders (just AHHHH TARANTULA kind of dream) before I was into them. But I think I have had dreams about my spiders, just none in particular I can remember.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dream about them a lot, and it's always the same thing... for some reason in my dreams I like house multiple spiders together and one ends up getting munched. I wake up freaking out, and then have to remember.. I don't house any spiders together.

I'm glad I don't have any communal projects going or I'd be forced to go check on them! {D

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A lot of my dreams have my tarantulas in them and sometimes are the main theme such as buying more, some escaping, showing people my collection, etc.

I was just curious as to how often everyone else dreams about their spiders :D
yep! I sure do! Great dreams,none escaping....

madTparty

Arachnopeon
This is really funny! I thought it was only me... I have dreams where I'm holding them and they walk onto my pillow and I can't find them. Or I'm about to roll over on, and squish them. And when it's 3 A.M. you're sure the dream is real.

I find it weird that I'm not afriad of them (even when it's one of my pokies), but rather, I'm afraid of losing or hurting them. I guess I just love them!{D

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have yet to have a dream specifically about them, but they often come up as objects i remember in dreams. like about a week ago i dreamt about row after row of rosea in stacked delis toppling over like a christmas display at the supermarket. obviously that wasn't the main focus of the dream, but i do remember that being part of it for some reason.

or last night, there was a pokie. on the wall in a bar. in my dream. like i said, not relevant really to the dream, but there...

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL - yes, I dream about them frequently - usually about my vagans - and, living in Earthquake Land as I do, I dream about 7 point Ohs a lot too.

So I guess it was inevetable that I dreamed one night last week that we had a shaker, and I woke up to find all of my T's enclosures fallen and broken on the floor - I didn't know which T to gather up first - I decided on the L parahybana, coaxed him onto my hand, and he bit me - I remember so clearly thinking "Okay, Killy, just grin and bear it - don't hurt the spider" - meanwhile, on the floor were my smithi and another unidentified T fighting over a cockroach - as the dream morphed, I was walking down the sidewalk and looked at my hand - ugly dark looking patches had formed around the 2 puncture marks ... and then I woke up.

Seems like my subconscious forces me to face my fears via my dreams. I just hope these particular dreams don't come true (although they very well could) !

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, quite often. They make for highly exciting and amusing dreams, especially when I dream they go bonkers on stupid people :D

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When my husband started buying OWs, I'd have dreams that the floor was carpeted with OBTs, and the walls covered with Pokies. And I had to cross the room to get to my crying baby. Those weren't super fun dreams...

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this is funny. I just woke up and I had a dream about some versi's finding love in my kitchen.Mine are no where close to adult size,,,and these were like the size of an adult hand...what a wierdo.

Wild Bill

Arachnopeon
I don't dream them yet. I did dream I was a Cocker Spaniel once.

Last edited:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have tarantula dreams all the time. I had one last night in fact. My dad bought/caught an avic and a rosie, both of which were mature males. That was it. Most of my T dreams are bad: escapes, deaths, etc.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dream about them a lot, and it's always the same thing... for some reason in my dreams I like house multiple spiders together and one ends up getting munched. I wake up freaking out, and then have to remember.. I don't house any spiders together.
Weird, I used to get this same dream, although it was loads of different species all living together in the same enclosure, it had a very gruesome outcome.....

Zman181

Arachnoknight
:) As a matter of fact I have been dreaming of tracking them and unpacking them. lol alot this week. I also lose sleep when I think one of my spiders isn't doing too well.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Love spiders, but strangely enough talking spiders in movies like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter give me the heebie jeebies. Had a dream the other night that I was walking past my "spider closet" and my Selenocosmia dichromata started talking to me with a thick New York accent saying "Hey I'm frickin hungry here, toss a me a cricket will ya?" Have never been able to look at it the same again.

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

once my mom woke up screaming because she saw an obt running across the celling above her bed in her dream. She woke me up and tried to tell me what happened but i showed her that it was safe in its burrow and that she had been dreaming.