Do we have any Red eye tree frog keepers here?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Been thinking of getting one or a few but want to know what I am getting into first. How is the care? Do they make interesting frogs?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Owned them! They are great, but nocturnal.

IF you want a rather unusual tree frog- look into super-tiger legged monkey tree frogs

All the monkeys are really cool!

Only frogs I know that bask under a heat lamp!

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Don't keep them in your bedroom. As @viper69 said they are nocturnal and when they start calling at 2am you will want to throw the enclosure out the window.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Don't keep them in your bedroom. As @viper69 said they are nocturnal and when they start calling at 2am you will want to throw the enclosure out the window.
Haha looks like they will go in the spider room.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Owned them! They are great, but nocturnal.

IF you want a rather unusual tree frog- look into super-tiger legged monkey tree frogs

All the monkeys are really cool!

Only frogs I know that bask under a heat lamp!
Yeah, I really like the giant waxy ones.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I really like the giant waxy ones.
I'm a super-tiger lover! I've interacted with many giants. I kid you not, they literally sit on the stick as if they are fake. Their mode of walking- trippy, their basking- amazing

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I'm a super-tiger lover! I've interacted with many giants. I kid you not, they literally sit on the stick as if they are fake. Their mode of walking- trippy, their basking- amazing
Species is Phyllomedusa tomopterna right? I want to do a little research on them and watch a few videos. I see there are tigers and super tigers 2 different species.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
I'd always liked the idea of keeping some kind of tree frog but I've yet to actually do so!

These super-tigers look amazing! Would you say they are suitable for a first time amphibian keeper?
Any recommendations for reading up regarding husbandry? Or are they kept similarly to RETFs?
One or two of my friends keep RETFs :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@AlbaArachnids92 Get a White’s Tree frog first. No super tigers are not good first time frogs.

Their behavior (and all members of the genus, ie monkey tree frogs) isn’t the same as RETFs and all other tree frogs for that matter. It’s an advanced species.