Do trapdoor spiders like to eat BEETLES?

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
My cyclocosmia doesn't even eat while I'm there. I have to drop in a feeder and leave for a couple hours and even then it doesn't always eat. I've never tried a beetle but I would guess they're more likely to attack them than most T's due to their more "heavy duty" bodies.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just wondering if trapdoor spiders like to eat beetles
Probably depend on what size the spider/beetle was and what beetle it was. Many don't taste nice.

My cyclocosmia doesn't even eat while I'm there. I have to drop in a feeder and leave for a couple hours and even then it doesn't always eat. I've never tried a beetle but I would guess they're more likely to attack them than most T's due to their more "heavy duty" bodies.
You want a Liphistius sp.

B38D3A64-A73A-48EF-B719-4BD7353856F1.gif

tarantulaatrkew

Arachnopeon
I used to have a liphisticus, but because of Covid, I couldn’t go back home, and that tiny sling was without food or water for 3 months, alongside a t stermi sling I currently have a A. Pacificus trapdoor

basin79

ArachnoGod
I used to have a liphisticus, but because of Covid, I couldn’t go back home, and that tiny sling was without food or water for 3 months, alongside a t stermi sling I currently have a A. Pacificus trapdoor
Why did you leave them on their own in the first place at that size?

tarantulaatrkew

Arachnopeon
Wasn’t my choice. Left town for a funeral, only planned to be gone for 2 days and yeah

tarantulaatrkew

Arachnopeon
Yes it was a 2/4 inch liphisticus sling, 1 inch t stermi and 1 inch P. Sazamai. Is it possible anyone on if them could be alive after 3 months?

I don’t have any friends so no one could help me