Do Therophosa Stirmi slings refuse food during pre molt?

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
I read Theraphosa Stirmi slings often fast temporarily during premolt, but how long is too long? Mine blocked off her enclosure recently, and it's been about a month. This is my first Therophosa, and I know they are a hungry species, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about fasting in this species as a sling, she's about 3". I've been putting roaches in the enclosure, after crushing their heads -for safety, and most of the time they vanish by the next day, hopefully not managing to hide. I'm just not sure if she's eating, and I appreciate any suggestions, including on the enclosure, I've attached a picture

Attachments

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
I read Theraphosa Stirmi slings often fast temporarily during premolt, but how long is too long? Mine blocked off her enclosure recently, and it's been about a month. This is my first Therophosa, and I know they are a hungry species, so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about fasting in this species as a sling, she's about 3". I've been putting roaches in the enclosure, after crushing their heads -for safety, and most of the time they vanish by the next day, hopefully not managing to hide. I'm just not sure if she's eating, and I appreciate any suggestions, including on the enclosure, I've attached a picture
By the way, I suck at taking photos, and the hydrometer is just for a reference : )

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
When they block their hide it’s because they’re usually in premolt. A three in sling can go awhile without food I wouldn’t worry, and in the future I wouldn’t put anymore roaches in. They could be disturbing him or her while it’s trying to do its thing.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
All T’s will fast in premolt even voracious eating species. A good example was my versicolor, though it’s feeding response isn’t therephosa status when it molted days after I got it, it probably stayed webbed up against cork bark for at least a month, and that was after I could see the old skin. Meaning it stayed motionless for a month just hardening alone, I can only imagine how much food it refused before I bought it. :p