do tarantulas really have an appestat?

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Well, the "feeding of the pinks" went down fairly well last night. However, only 1 of 4 ate. I think my blondi is going into premolt. She has barricaded herself into her hide. She didn't eat. Neither did my pzb or, my adult scrofa.
The biggest surprise of all, was my pulchra. She just molted out 2 weeks ago, and today, ate her first pinkie. However, she worked at it, all night long! It was a fairly tiny pink. Hence, the title of my post. Do they really have a "shut off valve", of sorts?
I can't imagine eating all night long...2 of my other t's fall into the "I can't believe they have an appestat" category. My juvie curly and, my chaco. These two will not stop eating. The curly can and will take 6 adults a week. I currently have him at 2 a week. The chaco will take 4 a week.
Believe me, I'll be snapping pics later today. My pulchra's ab is perfectly round..

Peace,
Gillian

ps, update; I came home from town, and found something strange. I had 3 leftover pinks, and decided what the hell, let the scorp have one. When I came home, he was wedged in a corner of the tank, standing on his tail, trying madly to crawl out.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive never got my spiders to eat live Pinkies, the closest they have
come was my Usumbara biting it on the head, the pinkie died about 10mins later, my B Vagans just ignores them so does my A Seemani and my H. Maculata,