Do P cambrigei run up or down when startled?

user 666

Arachnobaron
I ned to build a new enclosure for my P cambrigei. It's bigger than the seller said, and I don't think a 1" cambrigei is going to be happy in a 5 oz condiment cup.

But before I build the enclosure, I need to know: Does the lid go on top or bottom?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

user 666

Arachnobaron
Oh, I have the correct-sized enclosures; I just don't know which one to use.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
As slings, they'll burrow and put up dirt curtains. So they bolt down when startled.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
they will burrow and make dirt curtains to hide in, a top opening enclosure will be best with a cork slab leaned against the side to hide behind

user 666

Arachnobaron
they will burrow and make dirt curtains to hide in, a top opening enclosure will be best with a cork slab leaned against the side to hide behind
This one isn't inclined to burrow.

But it did run down into the new enclosure easily, so I guess this is the right type:
P1040689.jpg

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I use those cheap as hell, glass enclosures for arboreals:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Glas-Terrari...-Belueftung-Reptilien-Amphibien-/361834220415

Allemagne has always to be of best when it comes to spinnen :pompous:

Now for a little one, without knowing the exact size, I say that you can use cheap stuff like this without issues nor bothering to build* a DIY one:

http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/32oz-round-tubs-p-2764.html

* of course do as you wish, uh :-s
If you would buy the materials to build such an enclosure here in Allemagne it will end up costing you a lot more than you can buy them for :). So I guess that will be similar to the US.
So far I had no problems with top opening enclosures for arboreals. I think they tend to circle the enclosure more than actually going up if they are disturbed. For slings you should really have no problem with the lid being on top.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If you would buy the materials to build such an enclosure here in Allemagne it will end up costing you a lot more than you can buy them for :). So I guess that will be similar to the US.
So far I had no problems with top opening enclosures for arboreals. I think they tend to circle the enclosure more than actually going up if they are disturbed. For slings you should really have no problem with the lid being on top.
Uh... ? Yes I guess :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
At what size do they stop burrowing? (I'm thinking about a new arboreal to put in my now-empty Exo Terra Mini/Tall.)
That would be a better question for @cold blood. I've gotten slings from him (now juvies) but even the 3" juvie I got elsewhere is still burrowing.

Either way, I think that enclosure would be fine. It's not like they need inches and inches of substrate, just enough to make a U-shaped tunnel underground.