do not know (ID request)

Drigby31

Arachnopeon
20200220_030430.jpg
I do not what kind of spider this is.....wolf spider is my closest guess.......any help would be great.....I think I might have been bite by one.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That looks a lot like a Kukulcania sp. (compare to this specimen). However, @chanda, @NYAN, and @Ungoliant would be better placed to ID it.

Where did you find it and how large is it?

Oh, and I cannot tell you enough how nice it is to finally have an ID thread started with a clear picture of the whole spider already available. Will wonders never cease...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a gorgeous female Kukulcania sp! In Texas, Kukulcania hibernalis is a good candidate - but both Kukulcania arizonica and possibly Kukulcania utahana could also be found in Texas, and they all look very similar to one another.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I would say hibernalis based on the area of Texas. While I am not too familiar with exact ranges, I would think arizonica and utahana are not found so far East.

.....I think I might have been bite by one.
Did you see it bite you? What makes you think this?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed with K. hibernalis based on range. It's really hard to get these to bite, so it seems extremely unlikely unless you were trying to pull her out of her silken hide.

Veles

Arachnobaron
even if -it- did bite you here is nothing to worry about, treat it as no more severe than a wasp sting.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
even if -it- did bite you here is nothing to worry about, treat it as no more severe than a wasp sting
Uhhh no, don't do that. Spiders don't even make it into the top 50

World wide deaths per year. Bees and wasps are at the top of the list (below humans) in the US.
1Mosquito725,000
2Human475,000
3Snake50,000
4Dog25,000
5Tsetse Fly10,000
6Assassin Bug10,000
7Freshwater Snail10,000
8Ascaris Roundworm2,500
9Tapeworm2,000
10Crocodile1,000
11Hippopotamus500
12Elephant100
13Lion100
14Wolf10
15Shark10

@MrDeranged WOW! The new software handles lists and tables like a dream!

Veles

Arachnobaron
Uhhh no, don't do that. Spiders don't even make it into the top 50

World wide deaths per year. Bees and wasps are at the top of the list (below humans) in the US.
1Mosquito725,000
2Human475,000
3Snake50,000
4Dog25,000
5Tsetse Fly10,000
6Assassin Bug10,000
7Freshwater Snail10,000
8Ascaris Roundworm2,500
9Tapeworm2,000
10Crocodile1,000
11Hippopotamus500
12Elephant100
13Lion100
14Wolf10
15Shark10
uh m, a single wasp sting wont do much to you unless you are allergic. those deaths likely occur when a whole swarm attacks someone ._.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
uh m, a single wasp sting wont do much to you unless you are allergic. those deaths likely occur when a whole swarm attacks someone ._.
The medical community rejects sensitivities and weaknesses, be it anaphylaxis, age, chronic illnesses or other precursor conditions. What may trigger anaphylaxis in one person can be shrugged off by others. Thus the morbidity analysis must take the entire population as a whole into account.
As example, the common forms of the flu cause the deaths of tens of thousands of people. But these flus being the direct sole cause of deaths is only a few thousand.

PS Please reel in the cuss words before the mods get into things. It is a shame that people get chastised or banned when they could make useful contributions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veles

Arachnobaron
The medical community rejects sensitivities and weaknesses, be it anaphylaxis, age, chronic illnesses or other precursor conditions. What may trigger anaphylaxis in one person can be shrugged off by others. Thus the morbidity analysis must take the entire population as a whole into account.
As example, the common forms of the flu cause the deaths of tens of thousands of people. But these flus being the direct sole cause of deaths is only a few thousand.

PS Please reel in the cuss words before the mods get into things. It is a shame that people get chastised or banned when they could make useful contributions.
you are looking far too deep into this, my initial response was to showcase that Kukulcania is not threatening venom wise, the comparison to wast is pretty valid, unless you are allergic the worst that can happen is mild pain and swelling