Do mature males stop eating?

cayen

Arachnopeon
I heard from a youtube channel that mature male tarantulas will stop eating once they reach maturity and will prioritize mating first. Is this true, and if so, does this apply to all T's, or just some of the species. I wonder if Fire legs and Tlitocatl Albo. Are included in this.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Mature male tarantulas will eat less as they will mostly prioritize in mating/breeding since they are now on borrowed time after maturing completely. So the most you can do is feed it whenever it will eat and always make sure it has access to water so it can drink when needed, so it does not worn itself out from endless wander around an enclosure looking for a female. And yes, all mature male tarantulas will wander to look for a female regardless of species.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yes, after they mature they all eventually stop eating, some individuals stop sooner than others, I've had some continue to eat for 6+ months after maturing whereas others would eat one meal and then never eat again.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I heard from a youtube channel that mature male tarantulas will stop eating once they reach maturity and will prioritize mating first. Is this true, and if so, does this apply to all T's, or just some of the species. I wonder if Fire legs and Tlitocatl Albo. Are included in this.
Yes

MattjediEdmonds

Arachnosquire
I have a MM P. fasciata that eats a TON. More than the females in fact. Every spider is an individual and behavior will vary.