Do male H.swammerdammi have a 'mating' season?

MikeyB123

Arachnopeon
I have an H.swammerdammi and for the first time he seems to have properly gone off his food. Since his last moult his telson has gone a sort of rusty colour and he roams his enclosure a lot more than I seem to remember him doing in the past. Tried varying his diet from his usual prey items, brown crickets, with no luck. He's not looking worryingly thin yet and he is frustratingly active from dusk onwards (tank right next to bed) but I am concerned due to him never being fussy to begin with. Back on brown crickets, temps and humidity the same as before but he is in a larger tank now. Plenty of hides but only uses one. Do male scorpions go off their food once sub adult/mature if weather conditions are right or am I being impatient?

Any advice appreciated.

Mike

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have an H.swammerdammi and for the first time he seems to have properly gone off his food. Since his last moult his telson has gone a sort of rusty colour and he roams his enclosure a lot more than I seem to remember him doing in the past. Tried varying his diet from his usual prey items, brown crickets, with no luck. He's not looking worryingly thin yet and he is frustratingly active from dusk onwards (tank right next to bed) but I am concerned due to him never being fussy to begin with. Back on brown crickets, temps and humidity the same as before but he is in a larger tank now. Plenty of hides but only uses one. Do male scorpions go off their food once sub adult/mature if weather conditions are right or am I being impatient?

Any advice appreciated.

Mike
Male scorpions are prone to long fasts once they are adult/ fully mature. They are not overly interested in fattening up, they are only interested in finding a mate. Don't worry , just offer food every couple of weeks and remove any uneaten food after 48 hours. He will eat when ready, very infrequently I am afraid, but stick to the brown crickets it's what .he's used to.

MikeyB123

Arachnopeon
Male scorpions are prone to long fasts once they are adult/ fully mature. They are not overly interested in fattening up, they are only interested in finding a mate. Don't worry , just offer food every couple of weeks and remove any uneaten food after 48 hours. He will eat when ready, very infrequently I am afraid, but stick to the brown crickets it's what .he's used to.
Thanks for the info. Got to get him a mate now. Not proving easy.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IME, season doesn't matter much, just warm them up, any time is a good time. But one may be ready to go while another just doesn't seem interested.