Do I try to feed my T when she seals her burrow?

Dliplacette

Arachnopeon
My Tliltocatl albopilosus sealed her burrow except for a tiny hole. She’s been losing hair on her abdomen so I’m assuming she’s going to molt. Should I still try to feed her?

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No. T will emerge when ready to eat. Make sure fangs are jet black before feeding.

Arachnolove420

Arachnopeon
No!
As everyone else has already stated, sealing the burrow means "leave me alone" lol
She will either emerge after molt or if she gets hungry again before that, but likely after molt.

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
No. Wait until it reopens its burrow.
Use the search function - this has been asked a million times.

Dliplacette

Arachnopeon
Updates: My husband said he held a mealworm over the little hole and Puffball darted out and grabbed it. So I’m thinking he’s just starting to get ready to molt but is not ready ready. :rolleyes: I’m thinking we’ll continue to offer food over the little hole but not leave any food in the terrarium…? I swear I have fallen in love with this spider. He is such a busy body drama queen. I promise to post to update when we have a molt. Thank you so much for all the education! — Grateful

No. Wait until it reopens its burrow.
Use the search function - this has been asked a million times.
Thank you. Noob here and just learning. :depressed: I appreciate the patience.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Read up on the animal you own!!
That question is asked billions of time here jeez

search!

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Universal do not disturb sign - kicking hairs off doesn't 100% indicate an impending moult though :)
Maintain enclosure conditions and the T will maintain itself

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
Updates: My husband said he held a mealworm over the little hole and Puffball darted out and grabbed it. So I’m thinking he’s just starting to get ready to molt but is not ready ready. :rolleyes: I’m thinking we’ll continue to offer food over the little hole but not leave any food in the terrarium…? I swear I have fallen in love with this spider. He is such a busy body drama queen. I promise to post to update when we have a molt. Thank you so much for all the education! — Grateful

Thank you. Noob here and just learning. :depressed: I appreciate the patience.
dont feed it like that since you wont know if its freshly molted you risk damage to its fangs if it nails the tweezers or what ever it is your using to hold meal worm. some will eat right after a molt not good idea but sometimes it happens mine molted right next to the pre killed meal worm i had left it then grabbed it and began eating before i had chance to remove it.if your going to ty feeding it leave a freshly killed meal worm with head removed then remove next day if its there still