Do I look fat...?

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
kinda looks bigger than it should be....you can tell if its too big if the abdomen is dragging when the T is walking...if so you should probably stick to a consistant diet of like 3-5 crickets a week.

Risto

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Okay...I just went and checked and was surprised to see that she holds it up when she walks. That makes me feel a little better...
:)

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well its good that it doesnt drag but try not to "over-feed" because it raises the risk of an abdomen injury if the T falls.

Risto

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's ok. Some fat is good for a bigger abdomen after a molt.

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Inktomi,
With all my spiders, I worry about their getting enough food...with all except my Curly Hair. I purchased her from a local pet shop when some college kid's land lord found spidey after kid had flown the coop. I should have named her Scarlet O'Hara, because I swear her previous deprivation must driven her to shake her pedipalp in the air and swear, "As God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!!!!!" She is truely a monstrosity. Her abdomen is as big as a golf ball. I swear! I have her in a 1/4 tank where it is impossible for her to do ANY climbing. I Love her to death. I'm gonna' back of the midnight snacks a bit, though:)

Pax,
Kelly O

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would hate for it to get too large. As said above you take the chance of injury if it's a terestrial and it likes to climb. Looking at that one, if it were me I would let it go a week or so before feeding it again. I know you've heard that you can't feed a sling too much, but I'd say yours is doing just fine for now.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
meet Oprah, (before her diet)
lighter is for sizing, she doesnt actually smoke.......loves her sweets though.

Attachments

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ink how big is that sling? and what species is it? :D just wondering ^_^

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks to me like a Brazillian White knee (A. Geniculata)
Its how mine looked about 2 months ago :D

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Grael...yeah, it's a genic...about an inch and a half and already a stubborn little thing.

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Mebebraz...is that an L. parahybana? Some of them look like they almost have a blue tint...must be the flash. I'm getting one tomorrow and am excited!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inktomi
Grael...yeah, it's a genic...about an inch and a half and already a stubborn little thing.
see this is why i think my nova isnt a . Geniculata at that size she had a lot brighter colors and a lot darker skin.....

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inktomi
Got a pic?
nope sorry only recent ones on my "i see you baby" thread =D but shes 2.5 inchs in those....