Do Funnel weavers venture out from web at night

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
I recently caught a funnel spider and am curious to know if they crawl around outside their web. I put some small crickets in the tank and thwy may never crawl into the web. Hes a small little juvenile and will probably need to be eating soon but I dont know if the crixkets will make to his web.

Should I plan on feeding something else like flies

Mainly just curious to know if they crawl around at night in general too

Poonjab

Arachnoking
They do, but generally not too far once they’ve established a home. And it’s usually waiting for food.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
All he would have to do is venture out a few inches or more and he'd probably find the crickets, It doesn't seem like they are gong to go into his web. Id throw them into it but his hide branch is set up where it's hard to do that.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I would disable the cricket to where it can't easily walk around but is still struggling and toss it where you can in the web.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Thanks that worked, they kept escaping but I just disabled one and he got it and brought into his tunnel, do they digest the whole thing? Or what happens with the remains. It is a juvenile, how often do they feed?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
There will be leftovers.
He will most likely throw them outside of his living quarters. Just pick them out as you see them.
I can't tell you how often he will eat.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
I am going to look for the care sheet here, I need to know some basic things like do funnel weavers need a water dish? or do they get their fluids from their meal. I put a small bottle top with water just in case. I am glad he finally ate I am going to feed again later tonight.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I am going to look for the care sheet here, I need to know some basic things like do funnel weavers need a water dish? or do they get their fluids from their meal. I put a small bottle top with water just in case. I am glad he finally ate I am going to feed again later tonight.
They don't need to eat that much. I would shoot for twice a week to check his appetite.
Always provide a water dish for any spider if possible.

LiseeLou

Arachnopeon
Is a water dish or mist better? I have some very small spiders and I feel like a bottle cap is too big, and I can’t think of anything better? I have a mist spray bottle, but previous had a dish soap solution in it and can’t get the soapy taste out. Any tips? Definitely don’t want to be giving them soapy water.
I can confirm that the funnel weaver will clean the carcass out of its space. Mine caught the fly, ate it in his shelter at the center of his web, then next time I looked, the carcass was as far as was possible in the enclosure. So clean!
Another question on funnel weavers: do you ever take down their webs? He’s made a pretty extensive web and just keeps adding. Is there any point when I should destroy it? Or just let him maintain it how he likes?

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
Is a water dish or mist better? I have some very small spiders and I feel like a bottle cap is too big, and I can’t think of anything better? I have a mist spray bottle, but previous had a dish soap solution in it and can’t get the soapy taste out. Any tips? Definitely don’t want to be giving them soapy water.
I can confirm that the funnel weaver will clean the carcass out of its space. Mine caught the fly, ate it in his shelter at the center of his web, then next time I looked, the carcass was as far as was possible in the enclosure. So clean!
Another question on funnel weavers: do you ever take down their webs? He’s made a pretty extensive web and just keeps adding. Is there any point when I should destroy it? Or just let him maintain it how he likes?
I'm not an expert and new to spiders actually, I myself would only use a new mist sprayer that never had soap in it. I'm not sure what is going on with my spider I threw small crickets in his web and he just leaves them and their carcass have been in the web for a while now I am fixing to remove them myself. I threw one large cricket in the tank thinking that crickets were harmless but found out from here that they bite, he might have gotten bit because he has no attention towards crickets no matter how small maybe he is still full I don't know I've heard mixed answers on how much they eat some say 2 weeks or more and some say they see them eat every day or every other day. I'm trying moths now