Do Funnel weavers venture out from web at night

Caveternal

Arachnopeon
I recently caught a funnel spider and am curious to know if they crawl around outside their web. I put some small crickets in the tank and thwy may never crawl into the web. Hes a small little juvenile and will probably need to be eating soon but I dont know if the crixkets will make to his web.

Should I plan on feeding something else like flies

Mainly just curious to know if they crawl around at night in general too

Poonjab

Arachnoprince
They do, but generally not too far once they’ve established a home. And it’s usually waiting for food.

Caveternal

Arachnopeon
All he would have to do is venture out a few inches or more and he'd probably find the crickets, It doesn't seem like they are gong to go into his web. Id throw them into it but his hide branch is set up where it's hard to do that.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnobaron
I would disable the cricket to where it can't easily walk around but is still struggling and toss it where you can in the web.

Caveternal

Arachnopeon
Thanks that worked, they kept escaping but I just disabled one and he got it and brought into his tunnel, do they digest the whole thing? Or what happens with the remains. It is a juvenile, how often do they feed?

DomGom TheFather

Arachnobaron
There will be leftovers.
He will most likely throw them outside of his living quarters. Just pick them out as you see them.
I can't tell you how often he will eat.

Caveternal

Arachnopeon
I am going to look for the care sheet here, I need to know some basic things like do funnel weavers need a water dish? or do they get their fluids from their meal. I put a small bottle top with water just in case. I am glad he finally ate I am going to feed again later tonight.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnobaron
I am going to look for the care sheet here, I need to know some basic things like do funnel weavers need a water dish? or do they get their fluids from their meal. I put a small bottle top with water just in case. I am glad he finally ate I am going to feed again later tonight.
They don't need to eat that much. I would shoot for twice a week to check his appetite.
Always provide a water dish for any spider if possible.