Do centipedes fast, if so why?

Oroborus

Arachnosquire
I'm relatively new to myriapods. I have a Ethmostigmus trigonopodus and Scolopendra subspinipes, both are approximately five inches and ravenous eaters. I noted recently that both have refused food for about a week. Now I know that a week is not a long time, but as I have never seen them refuse a food item, and at the same time, I was wondering if it might be premolt or perhaps a seasonal cycle. Obviously they might just not be hungry, but is anyone aware of behavioral fasting for other reasons? Cheers.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My S.subspinipes when she was in the open always ate a B.dubia like nothing, until one day when she made, under her fav. piece of cork bark, a more deep burrow, and disappeared for a good (almost) two months. Then, one night, in one blow, I've discovered the gender and the reason: she was gravid. 25 pedelings (one died, sadly) all over the enclosure.

A thing that happens with centipedes, because in the 99% those are pure WC and sold as "unsexed meh" while majority of T's, as we know, are CB and divided/sold by sex, size, MM etc That's not what happens (I assume save for very rare exceptions) with centipedes :kiss:

That's not exactly maybe what will happens to yours, indeed, but consider this fact :-s