Do blue death feigning beetles HAVE to live in colonies?

kaciealissa

Arachnopeon
So I purchased a blue death feigning beetle not realizing they live in colonies because no care sheets or anything I read really specified. My beetle has been with me for about four weeks now and she’s alive and well but I’ve never seen her eating. She explores and is always in a new hiding place. Was just wondering if I should purchase a second beetle or if she can be content on her own

marsdex

Arachnopeon
I'm not sure but I have two beetle tanks because one of mine ended up being very aggressive (something I've not heard other BDFB keepers talking about). So he's in his own smaller enclosure and he's been fine but is definitely less active than he was when in the main colony. However he does come out every evening to eat and walk around.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I had a blue death feigning beetle for several years in an enclosure with a black death feigning beetle, no other blues, and it was fine. I think they'll be okay on their own as well, although they might prefer having some company of the same species.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Should be fine, they aren't necessarily found in colonies or groups in the wild as it is, at least with the locale I am familiar with (speaking from personal collecting experience).

I'm not sure but I have two beetle tanks because one of mine ended up being very aggressive (something I've not heard other BDFB keepers talking about). So he's in his own smaller enclosure and he's been fine but is definitely less active than he was when in the main colony. However he does come out every evening to eat and walk around.
You might have an overeager male.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
I feel like most beetles dont care too much about company. They might just be commonly kept in groups simply because they are very peaceful (like most tenebs) and are more fun to keep in large numbers.